Rear subframe bushing woes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear subframe bushing woes...

I had a shop install both rear subframe bushings on my 91 vert. When I picked it up the car sat noticeably higher and rode excellent but after 2 days of driving the car is making the same thumping sound and I noticed the drivers side bushing looks like it's sliding out of the subframe.... the actual nut and bolt are still in the same position and I put a torque wrench on it to make sure they were tight, and there are.... so my question is what is causing this? Are there different bushings between verts and coups/sedans? Could he have put the wrong bushings in?

E30s used the same rear subframe bushings through all models.

Are the bolts in proper? They have those splines at the top end.
    Estoguy
    1986 BMW 325, Alpenweiss ~ "Elsa"

Need a photographer, come visit my site: http://estoguy.wix.com/unique-perspectives

Comment

The bushing lip should sit flush with the subframe and so should the pushrod. No gaps that big.

It looks as if they put the washer on the bottom as opposed to the top where it meets the body.

Comment

Looks like the bushing slipped out and the subframing is resting on the washer on top. They probably used grease or some sort of lubricant on the bushing.
        sigpic
        327is
        325es
        325es
        318is
        Fiesta ST
        E46 M3

Comment

Originally posted by dsphil View Post
          Looks like the bushing slipped out and the subframing is resting on the washer on top. They probably used grease or some sort of lubricant on the bushing.
          Even with grease that things not going to slip around. They clearly didn't get the bushing installed all the way, my guess is you still have 1/4" - 3/8" to go before its seated.
          sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

They forget the top washers?
            2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
            2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
            1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
            1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
            - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
            1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan