toe-out and found this strange CAB install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

toe-out and found this strange CAB install

The PO of my '88iX installed these CABs (or the clown before him) and I don't think they should be this way. I have too much toe-out but makes it handle like its on rails. I put about 1000 miles on this car since I bought almost three years ago, and tried different tire/rim combos with it but I didn't notice any abnormal wear on the fronts.

all the tires I tried were used tires. I don't want to put new tires on until I fix the toe and the rear spring (driver's perch sank about 1" into the frame). I don't drive it much because of the driver's rear spring.

Should I swap them for M3 CABs? I put the M3 cabs in the '89iX and they feel real good (and cheaper than iX CABs)
    FS NY: two Audiobahn A235HC amps and audiobahn 1farad capacitor
    Saab/GM tech2 programming
    My for sale thread
    1990 325iX for sale or part out
    Did you buy something from me? Please leave feedback!

Originally posted by K20RI_211
    And I have to ask if you make a hobby out of thread-bombing with retarded questions?

Those are M3 CABs, but they're not installed properly. They should be oriented like this:

There is a small arrow on the bushing and a small dot on the 'lollipop' housing. They should be pointing at each other. Your bushings appear to be rotated roughly 70 degrees off of where they should be

Comment

That's hilarious, they're not even symmetrical. Some of these people are total tards. The PO of my car but the steering wheel on upside down and aligned it that way... now it's got 1.5 turns until lock on the left, 2.5 turns until lock on the right.

Comment

If we assume the PO was not a complete idiot, the effect of rotating those bushings is caster change. It's possible they were trying to get equal caster settings to compensate for a damaged part like a control arm.

Not the best idea ever, but possible.
        Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
        The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

It's amazing how many things were messed up on this car. I think the only tools he had were in the trunk kit. He had speaker wires twisted around the terminals to make a connection. The last I heard he was trying to do an M50 swap.

Anyway, back on topic. These are the CABs I used in the '89iX, so I'll just get them again from pelican for $20.

My for sale thread

And I have to ask if you make a hobby out of thread-bombing with retarded questions?

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
            If we assume the PO was not a complete idiot, the effect of rotating those bushings is caster change. It's possible they were trying to get equal caster settings to compensate for a damaged part like a control arm.

Not the best idea ever, but possible.

I didn't notice anything bent. I'm hoping they didn't strip any splines in the steering rack, and try to compensate for that. It is very noticeable by just looking at the car from the front. I'm thinking he just didn't know how lines and arrows work.
            My for sale thread

Comment

Working...
            X