BBK: www.300mm.de

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HalexH
    Guys lets put some money together buy 1 bracket and then make more. The only problem would be finding rotors.
    WTF?! This guy has obviously spent alot of effort putting together this kit and you plan on stealing his ideas?

Either buy his kit or come up with something on your own.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002maniac
      WTF?! This guy has obviously spent alot of effort putting together this kit and you plan on stealing his ideas?

Either buy his kit or come up with something on your own.
      That is kinda where I am. I figure I should be able to get a set of rotors for around $120, have them modded for about $50 (pure conjecture at this point) a pair of E34 540i calipers and saddles for about $150, a set of Pagid's, a pair of sensors, G10 nuts/bolts and buy his brackets for $280ish...be around $650 or so. I am way cool with that!

BTW, I emailed him. He is on vacation until the 28th. He has no US dealers...maybe I will become his first!

Do I smell a GB?

Luke

Closing SOON!
      "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
        BTW, I emailed him. He is on vacation until the 28th. He has no US dealers...maybe I will become his first!

Do I smell a GB?

Luke
        Sounds good. That setup looks great! could 300mm fit under 15" wheels?

Comment

Originally posted by 2002maniac
          Sounds good. That setup looks great! could 300mm fit under 15" wheels?
          He says his smallest kit is made for 16's.

I was wondering the same thing for my sons car!

Luke

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

I'm way interested in this, so keep us updated when you get a hold of the guy.

Comment

I called www.discountimportparts.com today.

The closest Audi TT disks he could find were 321X30mm...not the 312X25mm that are shown on the site. Cost was $67/ea for Brembo, $105/ea for Zimmermann cross drilled.

If one of you guy have a second, call around and check prices on E34 540i calipers and saddles...then share the knowledge!

Luke

Closing SOON!

Comment

...assuming you have 17" rimz. e46 calipers shouldn't be too hard to come by at a junkyard. I guess you'd still need 540i bits, but at least its not the whole caliper.

Comment

Originally posted by permit
                  ...assuming you have 17" rimz. e46 calipers shouldn't be too hard to come by at a junkyard. I guess you'd still need 540i bits, but at least its not the whole caliper.
                  He (Tito) specs E34 540i calipers. I am gonna find out more when he comes back from vacation.

Luke

Closing SOON!

Comment

Originally posted by Beej '86 325es;
                    543331 But yeah, I wish that diagram of the adapter was bigger... :)
                    Get hold of 540i carrier and e30 carrier, measure distance between bolts, scale screenshot picture to match and only think you have to quess is thickness.
                    Current:

BMW 320i 2d 2.0 m20 -88
                    BMW 325i Cabriolet 2.5 m50 -88
                    BMW 316i touring 1.6 m40 -90
                    BMW 320i 4d 2,2 m54 -01

Comment

Originally posted by Rocla View Post
                      Get hold of 540i carrier and e30 carrier, measure distance between bolts, scale screenshot picture to match and only think you have to quess is thickness.
                      Yeah, I looked at that screenshot too. I just can't imagine being able to set up a mill, buy the materials and pay a pro machinist to make them for much less than $250. This cat Tito seems to be hella knowledgeable about the two things I want to do most...cheap 2.7l and big brakes. His brain may be worth more to me than saving a few bucks. Plus, it would be cool to have a full color TUV certificate to hang on my wall.

He also has a bunch of info on the ETA/2.3 head stroker deal. Comes out at 11 to 1 C/R!

I am gonna invite him to come on here. Maybe he will handle the GB himself. His english is WAY better than my German.

Luke

Closing SOON!

Comment

that would be a great group buy!
                        Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I will begin communication monday, 8/28.

Luke

Closing SOON!

Comment

How many pistons are the 540i calipers? I dont get what the hype about this kit is, considering how you can just use e36 m3 brakes...
                            Rollin' with a Geistkuchen

Comment

Originally posted by equate975 View Post
                              How many pistons are the 540i calipers? I dont get what the hype about this kit is, considering how you can just use e36 m3 brakes...
                              Did you look at his page? We may be able to get together and make 312mm disks, using all stock parts for less than $500.

I need to fill them 17's, man!

Luke

Closing SOON!

Comment

e36 m3 rotors are 315mm and you can just get the spacers from SBI..
                                Rollin' with a Geistkuchen

Comment

Working...
                                X