BBK: www.300mm.de

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by equate975 View Post
    e36 m3 rotors are 315mm and you can just get the spacers from SBI..
    4 lug stuff here...does not apply to you.

Luke

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Oh I was assuming the 540i stuff would also require a 5 lug conversion
      Rollin' with a Geistkuchen

Comment

Surprised?

Originally posted by Beej '86 325es View Post
        I'm surprised they have as much info as they do on the it online. It's like, why buy from them if you know what parts you need. But yeah, I wish that diagram of the adapter was bigger... :)
        It's no big secret. There about 6-8 BBK combo's commonly used for the E30 and they all are variations of this approach. I have posted several tweaks involving fab work and usually get a reponse of " Why don't you just buy "such and such"? I've also been cheaped out for even mentioning anything other than new calipers.
        You are paying for the design, fab work, certification, and safety. As has been pointed out to me several times, not everyone has access to a machine shop or the know how to do these things. And the scariest thought of all is do you want to be the test car for someone else's QA program with your front brakes?.
        Now it's time for someone to say it's not rocket science and they can..........
        The price is good and in hour or two you're back on the road!
        Last edited by 1991 318is; 08-27-2006, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1991 318is View Post
          Now it's time for someone to say it's not rocket science and they can..........
          The price is good and in hour or two you're back on the road!
          It is not a brain science or rock3t surgery!
          I will build one of these setups myself and I am guestimating $250-350 cost of the project including junk yard parts.
          As I said earlier: I wish I could make out the numbers on that drawing as it would save me a few hours of r&d.

Is investing a few hours worth saving 1/2 a grand?

Need I answer?

Problem for me rigth now is that I am in the process of building my 4x4 and simply have no time, mental focus and budget to invest in the bimmer rigth now.

BTW:
          I will post the pics of my other project when it's done in the Off topic lounge, and yes, there will be a BMW content in it ... but I will keep that a little secret for now.
          (.Y.) R cool.
          Falco rocks!

Comment

BTW, I went to ATE's site and found specs on all of their rotors. The 2003 Audi TT (P/N D930) uses a 312mmX25mm disk, with a heigth of 35mm.

The E30 rotors have a height of 36mm.

I found the ATE "PowerDisk" (or whatever they call them) for $178/pr. That would look really hot...and for me, as long as they work as well as stock, looks are the ONLY reason I am doing this.

Yup, "rice" brakes.

Luke

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

I always thougth TT was 5 lug...
              ... Not that it matters, redrilling isn't all that hard...
              What's the hub hole size?

BTW, I also want to do this for a strictly cosmetic reason. The stock brakes look ghey in 17 inch rims.
              (.Y.) R cool.
              Falco rocks!

Comment

Originally posted by beamR X View Post
                I always thougth TT was 5 lug...
                ... Not that it matters, redrilling isn't all that hard...
                What's the hub hole size?

BTW, I also want to do this for a strictly cosmetic reason. The stock brakes look ghey in 17 inch rims.
                If you go check out Tito's site, you can see they are re-drilled, and the center bore punched out 1mm.

The translated link is at the start of this thread.

He shows 17" Alpina Kopi's over the 312mm setup. Sweet and hot like good mustard, yO!

Luke

Closing SOON!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                  BTW, I went to ATE's site and found specs on all of their rotors. The 2003 Audi TT (P/N D930) uses a 312mmX25mm disk, with a heigth of 35mm.

The E30 rotors have a height of 36mm.

I found the ATE "PowerDisk" (or whatever they call them) for $178/pr. That would look really hot...and for me, as long as they work as well as stock, looks are the ONLY reason I am doing this.

Yup, "rice" brakes.

Luke
                  U mean you found the powerdisc for the audi TT or the stock powerdisc for the e30. Afaik the e30 ones are NLA.?

Comment

Audi TT

Closing SOON!

Comment

i was going to say they were audi tt rotors, but i am WWWAAAAYYYY too late. cay you still use the stock flex lines (like if you already have ss lines are you going to have to get custom ones made up after the install?)
                      seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by der affe View Post
                        can you still use the stock flex lines (like if you already have ss lines are you going to have to get custom ones made up after the install?)
                        You know, he doesn't mention lines at all in his site, so I have no clue.

Seems like it might be stock fitment, since the caliper only moves an inch or so.

I have SS lines, I don't wann hafta replace them.

Luke

Closing SOON!

Comment

if you need custom lines made up i can get them made up for around $30ish a pair ( i would need to check the price since it had been a while, and they are not DOT approved) i was working out a similar set up using tt rotors and either viper front or boxter front calipers (i have a pair of both). i was going to try the same thing on my A2 jetta (that's why i got the tt rotors) with either the tt's or 996 front rotors (heavy and i would need to make a custom hub). since a 280mm 4 lug corrado rotor can be fitted to an e-30, the tt would be the next logical step up in dia. stock legnth lines would be nice though.
                          seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Just out of curiosity, what about the rear brakes?
                            "We've stumbled along for a while, trying to run a new civilization in old ways, but we've got to start to make this world over." -Thomas Edison, 1912

Comment

supposedly z1 rears and m3 rear calipers can work but I need to do more homework on this one.

Comment

Would such a combo keep from creating major brake bias?

Although braking systems are faily foreign to me I do know that keeping proper balance is the key to a fast stopping car. I've been reading through the tech articles on the Stoptech site which are very informative.
                                "We've stumbled along for a while, trying to run a new civilization in old ways, but we've got to start to make this world over." -Thomas Edison, 1912

Comment

Working...
                                X