Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I replace my brake pad wear sensors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I replace my brake pad wear sensors?

I've searched everywhere and can't seem to find out how to disconnect the wear sensors from the caliper. What's the secret? Do I have to remove the caliper?

Pull out the bulb and check pads every once in a while. They are too much of a pain to care.

They are actually easy to replace, but they get loose too easy. Pull the bulb and call it good.
    sigpic

Comment

Are you talking about electrically disconnecting or actually removng it?

To get it out you have to do exctly what you do to replace the pads, It sits beteen the pad and the disk so yes the caliper has to come off. The electrical connector is a round connector that neeeds to be pulled off.

Personally I disagree about disabling it but if you have a faulty sensor (like I did) I just removed the insulation on the wires to the bad sensor and connected them thereby completing the circuit until I got the new one.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Ah thanks guys, turns out I actually need new rear brakes :P

I'm one of those wierd guys who likes everything on his car working as it should, even if it's a poor design.

Comment

Originally posted by Joey Link View Post
          Ah thanks guys, turns out I actually need new rear brakes :P

I'm one of those wierd guys who likes everything on his car working as it should, even if it's a poor design.
          Whats wrong with that? ;) I m like that too...
          N.
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally Posted by aaron_silva
          It is always frustrating having a harsh ride when
          you arent in the right mind set.

Comment

Working...
          X