all info on rx-7 calipers+corrado brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

all info on rx-7 calipers+corrado brakes

i'm really interested in doing this conversion cuz i can get the parts cheap, but i wanted to know the specs on the calipers and rotors, to see if they r that much better. plus i wanted to know what was involved in the install, what needs to be modified and what not??? thanks
    Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

You will need a bracket adapter. Tomek (Axxe), when he finally gets off his dirty Polak ass, is working on setting up a manufacture of these (prototype in the works). I've got dibs on a set for sure.

Comment

How much are they gonna be?

Comment

I Want Some Too!

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Why??? With a bit of additional cooling for the front rotors (brake ducts) and appropriate pads the OE setup is very well balanced and more than enough, even for full-up race E30's.
          The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
          Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Originally posted by jlevie View Post
            Why??? With a bit of additional cooling for the front rotors (brake ducts) and appropriate pads the OE setup is very well balanced and more than enough, even for full-up race E30's.

Dude, you're talking sensibly - that won't cut it with most folks 'round here. . . :roll:
            Current Cars
            2014 M235i
            2009 R56 Cooper S
            1998 M3
            1997 M3

Comment

Originally posted by jlevie View Post

I developed the setup because I was tired of burning through a set of front pads in a weekend, and I wanted the pedal to feel the same lap after lap.

I find it funny that you kids on this board can do M/S50 swaps, turbos, sticky tires, suspension, etc, but when someone wants to upgrade the brakes on an E30, the whole "good pads and fluid are all you need" bullshit comes out.
              Last edited by CBi; 04-29-2007, 04:48 AM.

Comment

Why not get 4 piston calipers and 280mm rotors for marginally more than rebuilding stock? I dunno guys, but with the "right shit" the brakes were still cooking on a very brake intensive track when I was turning the screws. Yes I had cooling, yes I had proper fluid, and yes I had proper pads.

Expect the RX-7 mounting brackets within the next few weeks.

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

more info? Im interested in the alternative setup.

Comment

Expect a full writeup as soon as the brackets are finished (working on protos now, need to machine up the final pieces out of 304 stainless)

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

why stainless?

Comment

Why not?

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

killer, looking forward to the writeup.

Comment

TOMEK rocks!!!! :bow:

Comment

Originally posted by Axxe View Post
                              Why not?

i would like to see some pics of said braket

Comment

Working...
                              X