Textar (OEM)
    Jurid (OEM)

Rear

Textar (OEM)
    MEtal MAster PBR
    Ultimate Ceramic PBR
    Jurid (OEM)
    Deluxe PBR

What kind of driving do you do? Is it for a daily or track only? I won't be able to recommend anything, don't know a lot about different brake pads, but the people that will be able to will need more info.

Comment

sorry mostly track..

Comment

Track as in road course? Or as in AutoX? "Mostly track" implies some street driving, so for the former case I'd suggest Hawk HPS pads for street driving and switch to Hawk HT-10's at the track. For the later case I'd suggest substituting Hawk HP+ for the HT-10's as you probably can't get the HT-10's up to temperature in an autox.

Hawk HP+ pads might do okay at road course events (depending on your skill level) and they can be used on the street, but they are rather noisy and pretty rough on rotors and not really suitable for routine street driving
        The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
        Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Turner has a good chart to help you choose.

Also, check this out.

Originally posted by cabriodster87
          "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."
          Originally posted by Kershaw
          i've got a boner and a desire to speed.

Comment

thanks a bunch.. i dont care about sound or dust

Comment

I'd also recommend HT-10 for track, or PF97/PF01.

Getting pads for street and track will only be a compromise, and as all compromises, will not 100% on any of the intended use.

For street-only, get OEM Jurid or even PBR Deluxe. Don't even think touching the MetalMaster. But for track, you want something with a lot of bite.
              Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

why not teh metalmasters? or did you mean use only the metalmasters on the tack?

Comment

DONT use Metalmasters at the track, they will fade quickly at the track and they dont stop well in autocross either, they are ok for street use but thats it, I know from experiance.

I am using Hawk HP+ pads front and rear, I would reccomend them for a street driven car that Autocrosses/Tracks. They are a bit noisy though.
                  sigpic

Comment

Track / street use if you don't mind noise/dust - Carbotech P+, Hawk HP Plus, Ferodo DS2500 .
                    Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

I have the axxis ultimates and they are awsome. I do all street though. Kinda dusty but not bad at all.
                      Originally posted by cabriodster87
                      "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."
                      Originally posted by Kershaw
                      i've got a boner and a desire to speed.

Comment

cool thanks for the replys

Comment

I started grinding alittle bit for the last week so I am in need of some new pads.

I am street only. The noise doesn't bother me but I'd rather not get a pad that cakes on dust across my wheels. What are you recommendations? I want something that will stop at least alittle better than OEM, if that is possible.

Also, if I need rotors, do the e30s benefit from having slotted rotors? (I thought that I read they didn't) I was thinking, cause I like when my car stops when I want it too, new upgraded brake pads/slotted rotors/braided lines but this probably is overkill for a street only car.

Comment

Slotted rotors can be an advantage for certain track pads that are subject to glazing. The slots tend to shave off the glazing and also provide an escape path for ablated pad material. Both charactertics can be important on a race car but don't really apply on a street car. And sloted rotors can eat pads pretty rapidly. In a like manner, SS brake lines are a plus on a track/race car as they provide a bit better pedal feel. They are not necessary on a street car. Save your money and get better pads.

Any High Performance Street pad will yield better braking performance than OE pads. They will still be rotor friendly and frequently make a bit less dust. I'm rather partial to Hawk HPS pads, but there are other options.

Whether to replace the rotors depends mostly on how much they are worn. If they are below or near minimum thickness they need to be replaced when you replace the pads.
                            The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
                            Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Porterfield R4's

I had them on my DD and they were great. It takes a stop or two to warm them up, so be careful on the street :) I'm going to swap out my Axxis Ultimates for R4's before my next HPDE.
                              I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

Working...
                              X