Performance trailing arms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Performance trailing arms

i was just wondering if any companys made any performance rear trailing arms.

any clues?

Lol, how do you make a trailing arm more "performance?"

its a trailing arm, invest money in suspension.

Comment

you can get adj. bushings (camber/caster) as far as I know
      sigpic

Comment

You can study what the old DTM racers used to do which basically boils down to the same "evolution" BMW took with the semi-trailing arm as it progressed into later year cars (reinforce them).

Some worthwhile reading on the subject:

However, unless you are racing there really is reason to do that.

You can also make them adjustable by using eccentric bushings OR slotting the subframe to allow camber/toe adjustment. A worthwhile mod if you have lowered your car. Of course going to harder bushings or simply replacing the old rubber at the trailing arms and subframe mounts will help too.

Last edited by iflytii; 07-06-2007, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 86espowa View Post
          Lol, how do you make a trailing arm more "performance?"

its a trailing arm, invest money in suspension.
          you could make emm beefier or do the geometry and they could be made al sorts of different ways whether you want a wider or more narrow stance change the height camber toe all sorts of things. And i am investing in suspension thats why i was looking into this what good is shocks and spings if i kill a trailing arm.

Comment

if you want a better trailing arm, look to upgrade to m roadster trailing arms, they are A-Frames and have a beefed up knuckle.
            Cam .W '91 325is

Spaz's 1991 Alpine White???? S52 Build Thread...

Comment

Working...
            X