Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fixing the rear geometry once and for all...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll probably have to redo the rear shock mounts. This whole thing is going to be installed in conjunction with the cage, so the body will basically just be the body at that point.

Comment

1999 Miata rear track width - 1430mm
      1991 BMW E30 rear track width - 1424mm

Pretty darn close...

I am interested on how you tie this all in to the new cage / chassis. Sounds like the rear of the car will become a tube frame. :)

Comment

maybe you plan to remove a bunch of overkill mazda designed into the structure while mating it up to the e30?

Comment

The actual miata rear subframe is AWESOME. It will be cake to connect to the back of the e30. The diff/driveshaft is what I'm worried about.

I would not say the miata chassis is particularly overbuilt.

Comment

vertically, i imagine there to be an issue... bmw framework being a little low for example.

Comment

BMW framework will be mostly gone.

Comment

Comment

That cars a honey but the url you pisted was a disappointment - why? cos i thought you'd already found an e30 with a miata arse end...

all we need is some italian stuff in the car and it will be the whole WWII axis:hitler:

Comment

it may just be easier to fabyour own subframe ratherthan fab the car to fit around an existing subframe. I would love to see this project completed.

please keep us updated. Also i would love to see some ohlins in the stock rear shock location mounted to a double wishbone. this reduce unsprung weight dramatically as well as giving much better camber gain and toe control as well as adjustability.

as far as a front suspension goes... i dont think you can get much better than this

basically an exact replica of what the e30 m3 dtm cars had
                    e30sport.net
                    '15 Porsche GT3 - 7-speed PDK - Daily Driver
                    '86 325es - s54b32tu - 6-speed - Mtech 1
                    '89 325is - m20b25 - 5-speed - Individual

Comment

any updates on this?

Comment

Went nowhere. Ended up selling the car for scrap.

I'm doing an e36 track car now, since it comes from the factory with a non-stoneage rear suspension. :)

Comment

Working...
                        X