x-brace on e30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

x-brace on e30

Has anyone tried this? Good idea or bad?
    sigpic
    24v swapped

i think jordan had one. he had modified it though
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

That's not a weak point on these cars. It certainly won't hurt, but it won't do much good either.
      The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
      Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Originally posted by jlevie View Post
        That's not a weak point on these cars. It certainly won't hurt, but it won't do much good either.
        care to elaborate on this? i thought stiffening is always good (with increased weight tradeoff) I also heard that x-brace on e30 can be unsafe in case of front collision

Comment

Originally posted by static View Post
          I also heard that x-brace on e30 can be unsafe in case of front collision
          doubtful, it would be mounted too far back i think to matter alot
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
          Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

I installed one on my old e30 that was laying around. No it does not just fit, yes you need to modify it and the car to fit it. No there really were no pros about fitting it.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
            https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Originally posted by static View Post
              care to elaborate on this? i thought stiffening is always good (with increased weight tradeoff) I also heard that x-brace on e30 can be unsafe in case of front collision
              unless somebody actually did crash tests on an E30 with an x-brace and came up with conclusive evidence, I doubt anyone can say something like that with authority.
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I was thinking about making my own. Any thoughts on how to?
                sigpic
                24v swapped

Comment

how to do a crash test?

basically just run the car into a wall

Originally posted by TimKninja
                  Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Lol!
                    Originally posted by Matt-B
                    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

I had one on my 85 for a whole 2 days before removing it, putting it on required drilling 4 holes into the underside of the body and subframe, inserting 6 nut-serts, and taking a BFH to the downpipes. My problem was the brace only sat about 1.5" above the ground at the lowest point. I scraped it at least 10 times just driving around daily.
                      85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

Working...
                      X