Subframe bushings IE Green vs. AKG 70A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subframe bushings IE Green vs. AKG 70A

I'm debating between the two. The IEs are pretty popular in the Z3 community, but the AKGs are better known here in the e30 community. Does anyone have experience with them, and if so, which are preferred for a mainly street driven car? Thanks
    sigpic
    January 2012 COTM

IE Greens.

That's one thing IE couldn't fuck up even if they wanted to. had them in my last car, have red ones in my current car.

Comment

I'd go green over AKG for a street car.
      Build : Das Drehmoment Ungeheuer

Comment

Originally posted by Aptyp View Post
        IE Greens.

That's one thing IE couldn't fuck up even if they wanted to. had them in my last car, have red ones in my current car.
        sure they could, mine are dead after 5 years

AKG all the way, fuck IE :p

also 70a is pretty soft for urethane, I wouldn't want to go any softer on the subframe..
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Check out Powerflex too. I have the purple street ones and the're nice.
          Originally posted by Gruelius
          and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
            sure they could, mine are dead after 5 years

AKG all the way, fuck IE :p

also 70a is pretty soft for urethane, I wouldn't want to go any softer on the subframe..
            With Nando on this. If this is solely a street car, why not just factory rubber? You'd be surprised what all new factory rubber will do to a tired suspension.

Comment

I would imagine AKG 70A's after 5 years would have to be replaced as well.

Comment

maybe, but I know that IE's do, and at least I'm not supporting a shady vendor.
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I've seen 10 year old poly bushings with a ton of miles that looked pretty new.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray McCooney View Post
                    With Nando on this. If this is solely a street car, why not just factory rubber? You'd be surprised what all new factory rubber will do to a tired suspension.
                    I'll probably go with new factory rubber on my 318i when the time comes, but I was actually asking this question for a friend with an M coupe. The IEs are a huge improvement over stock on the Z3s, which are very jittery in the rear with the stock rubber. I told him that the e30 crowd seems to prefer the AKGs so I wanted to get some thoughts. Thanks for the input.
                    sigpic
                    January 2012 COTM

Comment

Havent messed with IE but I'll give AKG 2 big thumbs up

Comment

The Z3 is jittery in the rear or sloppy?
                        I only have experience with AKG and they are good quality. If I were doing subframe bushings for a street car, I would probably go with the softer AKG bushings. The rubber ones are a royal pain to get out and put in. AKG bushings just slide in.
                        1987 E30 325is
                        1999 E46 323i
                        RIP 1994 E32 740iL
                        oo=[][]=oo

Comment

Originally posted by Hallen View Post
                          The Z3 is jittery in the rear or sloppy?
                          I only have experience with AKG and they are good quality. If I were doing subframe bushings for a street car, I would probably go with the softer AKG bushings. The rubber ones are a royal pain to get out and put in. AKG bushings just slide in.
                          Sorry, to clarify, sloppy. So sloppy that cornering on any amount of uneven surface causes jitters from the rear. The IEs tighten things up back there on the Z3s, and some say they help to prevent the subframe from separating and the diff. ears from tearing, but I digress. Thanks again for the help.
                          sigpic
                          January 2012 COTM

Comment

I definitely love my AKG mounts. They are very, very easy to install, and there really isn't much more harshness. I went witht he 70A.

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

I have 75D mounts all around and was amazed at how little if any NVH was added. You can hear the rear diff some... but that is really it.

Car is solid and that is a good thing. I expected these to be more buzzy and obnoxious but they aren't.
                              Build : Das Drehmoment Ungeheuer

Comment

Working...
                              X