Worst DIYer EVAR!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worst DIYer EVAR!!

Yup, that's me. I'm trying to pull my rear wheel bearings with the B90 tool, and I feel like a tool myself, as it isn't working! About all I've managed to do is bend the shit out of the brake dust shield. I'm using an old e-brake shoe, and the horseshoe as spacers. It's just not freaking coming! Help!
    Slicktop City!

No one? Everyone hacks the shit?
    Slicktop City!

Comment

Sometimes the rear bearing is tighter than others. You just really have to wail on it. good luck! Shop press is by far the best way to do it if you want to remove the entire T/A.

Comment

There's a tool out there somewhere that I borrowed from my buddy once... I think it was called the "Hub Shark". Worked awesome.

Turbo M20, MSnS, 38lb, 3" no cat, RPI 12.2", ATS DTC, 240whp/240wtq, Lmnop. www.DonsGarage.net

Comment

Just drive it out from the inside using a large socket and 4lb hammer. It my take a bit of work but it will come out.I just did mine this week and they both came out fine, you'll need to remove the inner race from the hub most likely. I put my new bearing in the freezer for an hour and greased the trailing arm hole, used a piece of 2x4 and hammer to install new bearing. Used the old bearing to fully seat new bearing. Don't forgot to install the circlip before pressing the hub back in.
          '87 325e
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X