Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good pad and stock rotor set up suggestions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The trouble with most aftermarket pads (like PBR) is that the plate that the material is bonded to and the spring clips are substandard (causes them to knock around in the caliper and bracket).

The best bet really is OEM German pads meaning Jurid or Textar. These offer very good braking over a wide range of conditions.

The Textar pads do seem to make more noise than the Jurid (ten or twelve years ago it was the other way around).
    I'm Not Right in the Head | Random Rants and other Nonsense1st Order Logic Failure: Association fallacy, this type of fallacy can be expressed as (∃xS : φ(x)) → (∀xS : φ(x)), meaning "if there exists any x in the set S so that a property φ is true for x, then for all x in S the property φ must be true".

Comment

I would definitely recommend the PBR ceramics (also sold as Axxis Ultimates). I'm running them on Brembo blanks and they are great.

Comment

Originally posted by zedfez View Post
        I would definitely recommend the PBR ceramics (also sold as Axxis Ultimates). I'm running them on Brembo blanks and they are great.
        Is there dust or squeal? Did you have to break them in or something like that(where you to from like 45 to 10 at consistant breaking then repeat)
        http://www.steinbachphoto.ca

Comment

Originally posted by zedfez View Post
          ditto. exact same setup but im using cheapo kragen rotors. broke em in correctly and have yet to warp. plus their cheap enough to replace anytime.. ultimates are great until they get hot and then they start to slip a little. but hey, theyre one of the best street pads ive ever used
          1991 318is nv m50 : brilliantrot

Comment

where could you find brembo blanks for e30s?

Comment

Originally posted by j.a.cadet View Post
              Bmaparts.com

Comment

I like my Brembo rotors with the PBR XBG's (iirc, I can check). They are a good high-temp pad. You have to press a bit before they bite. I had some other PBR's (more street oriented pads) on my 318is and it had a bit too much initial bite.

Comment

Originally posted by j.a.cadet View Post
                  advance auto ;)
                  1989 cirrisblau-metallic 325i

Comment

Originally posted by steinbachphoto View Post
                    do the Hawk HPS pads squeal? what about break dust? I only have a stock m20b20 engine so I really don't need incredible stopping force
                    not really, they don't dust very much either.
                    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Im looking at getting new pads now as well...
                      I have the standard Rotor and previously had standard BMW pads.
                      I was extremely impressed with the stopping power of the car seeming i could match lotus exige's stopping power.
                      I never experienced brake fade with them after quite a few track days.
                      those of you who have put in AXXIS pads and other after market brands, did you find that they performed better then the original BMW setup?
                      brake dust i don't mind too much as im constantly washing the car anyway, the thing i can't stand is brake squeal.... :hitler:
                      recommendations?

Comment

So I'm looking to get some...cross drilled/slotted rotors.
                        Don't bother.

I was just curious as to what everyone recommends and who makes stock size rotors for e30's.
                        I buy Raybestos (check to make sure they're made in USA, not China) or Brembo rotors from Pep Boys or Autozone. Rears are $20 each; fronts are not much more. And I like OEM Jurid pads.
                        sigpic
                        1987 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16: Vintage Racer
                        2010 BMW (E90) 335xi sedan: Grocery Getter

Comment

Originally posted by Emre View Post
                          Don't bother.
                          +1. x-drilled and/or slotted, despite what noobs will tell you, typically offer less performance than blanks (less mass and more of an affinity to cracking). Plus they look really tacky on stock size brakes.

I need new pads bad, I'm debating whether to go with HP+ or HPS.

Comment

I just installed a set of axxis ultimates on my car, the car stops alot better than oem. I used them before with my 540i and while they have a fair amount of dust they stop very well. You could wax you wheels to help with cleaning them too, it makes the brake dust almost just rinse off.

Comment

Working...
                            X