Bent Frame?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bent Frame?

Ok so this might be the wrong section and if so please relocate this to the proper section. The 325e E30 that i am looking at has what appears to be a cracked radiator support bar, the one that runs under the radiator. The bumper is cracked, and the hood latches are bent. You have to muscle the hood to get it to close but once secured it stays closed. Wondering how important that front section is to the chassis? Looking for help.... thanks

if its just hte radiator support, you should be able to get another one and just have a body shop cut and weld it back on.

Comment

can you weld it back on? I was under the impression that if you were to run an electrical current thru that chassis it would mess with the ECM and then the car wouldnt run right? Not sure about that tho, just what i was told might be an issue?

Comment

i have welded on two cars before an 08 wrx and a 90s jeep had no problems. you could always disconnect the battery and ECU/ECM just to be safe.
        :borg:

Comment

Always disconnect the battery before doing any electrical welding on the car. And position the ground clamp close to where you'll be welding. If you do that you won't harm the electronics.
          The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
          Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Working...
          X