Massive BBK Wheel Fitment Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SkinnyVT View Post
    The sport kit does fit with the TRM's, you just need to file/grind off the extra material on the ends of the caliper.
    Ditto.

No biggie.
    Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Reviving this fitment thread. Just announcing that Wilwood's H compound, extra high friction yet gentle on discs and very long lasting, is now available for the Dynapro calipers.

If used on Sport and Race kits, because of the mega bite, Iusggest the pads only if using R compounds, or brake modulation will be reduced by the lack of tire grip. Bt because the pads and discs are smaller on the Street kit (280x22mm), it is more manageable. But it is a track-only pad, unless you want to go thru rotors, driving to the 7-11, every couple of months...

That pad fits the older Dynalites with bridgebolt, not with cotterpins.

massivebrakes.com

Comment

I just had a report that Team Dynamic's Pro Race 1.3 wheel (15x7 4x100 with 25 offset) fits the Sport kit w/Superlite calipers, without the need of a spacer or of any grinding.

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Borbet Type T's, 16x9, ET15 with 280x22 is a GO

Fits nicely:)
          Attached Files
          sigpic
          New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
          %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

I suspect the 300x21mm kit is an easy fit too.

massivebrakes.com

Comment

ARC-8 owners

Hodge, I would sure appreciate if you (or anyone with the ARC-8 wheels) could check the Race kit template against your wheels. I have the brake kit, but not the wheels. I had been assuming they would fit, but it would be nice to be sure.

Thanks.

I found THIS POST by Eddy showing the fit of the biggest E30 M3 kit against a 17x8 ET20 five lug wheel. That would suggest the E30 race kit would fit the E30 4 lug ARC-8. Lee or Eddy, any thoughts on that?
              Last edited by Brian D; 11-18-2009, 10:15 PM. Reason: found some pics
              1973 Bavaria

Comment

I should be getting my ARC-8 4 lugs sometime next week. I was planning on checking the template anyway. Ill post a pic.

Comment

That would be great! Thanks!
                  1973 Bavaria

Comment

Just test fit the 300x32mm template against the back of the 4x100 arc-8's. Its an obvious no-go! The 300x21mm is even worse. Ill try to get a picture posted later tonight.

Comment

Hmm. Why would the thinner kit be worse? Nevertheless, that's kind of an "oops". Pictures would be great, thanks for taking the time to check them.
                      1973 Bavaria

Comment

[ATTACH]24288[/ATTACH]
                        [ATTACH]24289[/ATTACH]
                        [ATTACH]24290[/ATTACH]
                        [ATTACH]24291[/ATTACH]

Sorry, poor quality pics, but you get the idea. I also am a dumbass, the 21mm kit does have more clearance. About a cm at most. I think it would fit, maybe just a little filing of the caliper would be needed.
                        However, if Lee were to make a 332mm kit, this would most likely move the caliper up approx 16mm which I think would make the fitment of the bigger rotor possible.
                        If anyone would be interested in a 332mm kit for 4 bolt e30's to fit under the 17's please let me know. I currently have a 310mm kit from another vendor with a 32mm rotor and I do see fade when mountain driving. Plus a 332mm kit just looks proper under larger wheels. Lee has mentioned in order to produce the kit he will require 5 people interested in a group buy.

Comment

Well, that's disappointing. Thanks for the pictures, I'll continue my wheel search. I already have most of the components for the 300mm front and rear kits, and a street set of wheels that will fit, so I can't help with the 332 kit.

Thanks again for measuring and posting the results!
                          1973 Bavaria

Comment

I wonder if a 3mm spacer would be enough to clear the caliper.

Lee

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Well not quite! I cut out the template again with 3mm measured as a spacer.
                              Still not quite enough. Would probally need almost 7mm to clear.
                              I didnt snap a pic of the template fitment inside the wheel, but it basically looks the same as above.
                              Heres a couple pics to show im trying to be accurate.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00184.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	7116483

Name:	IMG00185.jpg
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	7116484

Then I out the wheels on the car! Looks alot better in person.

Name:	IMG00190.jpg
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	7116485

Comment

Originally posted by qbuilt View Post
                                Well not quite! I cut out the template again with 3mm measured as a spacer.
                                Still not quite enough. Would probally need almost 7mm to clear.
                                That's with the 300x21 kit?
                                1973 Bavaria

Comment

Working...
                                X