No announcement yet.

Massive BBK Wheel Fitment Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, the 300x32mm. Im pretty sure the 300x21 would almost fit with no spacer. If anything id say it would for sure with a 3mm spacer tossed in.

Comment

OK cool, thanks for the clarification.
      1973 Bavaria

Comment

do any of the eurostop wheels fit?

Comment

What do you guys think about the XXR 006's in 17x9 trim when it comes to clearancing the Race Kit?

Intuitively I'm thinking any wheel that big should clear almost anything, but I'm a noob to BBK fitment.

Comment

Originally posted by mazur View Post
            What do you guys think about the XXR 006's in 17x9 trim when it comes to clearancing the Race Kit?

Intuitively I'm thinking any wheel that big should clear almost anything, but I'm a noob to BBK fitment.
            On top of the bigger diameter of the rotor and caliper, you must also factor-in the extra thickness of the caliper. Therefore, because the wheel is 17", it will not necessarely mean it will clear the caliper behind the spokes. If you don't have the wheels with you, perhaps you can send the profile and ask the seller to check for you. Also, remember that wheels with wide lips will have the spokes pushed more inward, offering less clearance for calipers.

Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Yah, I was thinking the same. It might end up being that a larger offset would have to be ordered so that using a wheel spacer would give you added clearance.

Thanks for the response Lee.

Comment

A member generously sent me two pictures showing the test fitting of the 280mm kit template with a 15x7 D Force wheel. He says it works just fine with plenty of room to spare.
                Thanks very much Levent

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Update here:

same wheel as above, Dforce LTW5

i did the 300mm kit profile last night and it fits. will post pics of spoke clearance later today. i would say clearance at the spokes is about 3mm or so, so a 3mm spacer might help with peace of mind (and any discrepancies due to paper curve)

edit:as promised pics of caliper-spoke clearance

Last edited by NC325iC; 02-10-2010, 03:55 PM.
                  Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
                  Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by qbuilt View Post
                    However, if Lee were to make a 332mm kit, this would most likely move the caliper up approx 16mm which I think would make the fitment of the bigger rotor possible.
                    If anyone would be interested in a 332mm kit for 4 bolt e30's to fit under the 17's please let me know. I currently have a 310mm kit from another vendor with a 32mm rotor and I do see fade when mountain driving. Plus a 332mm kit just looks proper under larger wheels. Lee has mentioned in order to produce the kit he will require 5 people interested in a group buy.
                    I would definitely be in for a 332mm kit, we should get a group buy going... Is this still a possibility?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 91greg325i View Post
                      I would definitely be in for a 332mm kit, we should get a group buy going... Is this still a possibility?
                      Not really a GB, more a killer intro deal.

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
                        Not really a GB, more a killer intro deal.
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...99#post1868899
                        Wow, I didn't see that! Ugh, hopefully I'll have that much money before Mar. 1, stupid college sucking up all my money... :(
                        sigpic

Comment

Has anyone tried fitting the 15x8 or 15x9 6UL wheel from 949 Racing? I am in the market for another set of rims to complement my 15x7 Pro Race 1.2 but would like to leave the option for one of Massive Lee's BBKs since I'm putting in an S52.

Apologies if this has been asked before but I went through the thread and searched the rest of the forum; it appears that the 6UL wheels aren't too popular here?

-Ernie
                          sigpic
                          1990 325i

Comment

Originally posted by eandrade View Post
                            Has anyone tried fitting the 15x8 or 15x9 6UL wheel from 949 Racing? I am in the market for another set of rims to complement my 15x7 Pro Race 1.2 but would like to leave the option for one of Massive Lee's BBKs since I'm putting in an S52.

Apologies if this has been asked before but I went through the thread and searched the rest of the forum; it appears that the 6UL wheels aren't too popular here?

-Ernie
                            you are right..its not that common here...but I do like it.
                            I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Originally posted by eandrade View Post

-Ernie
                              Nope, mainly because of the requirement of big spacers and only a few street tires in appropriate sizes.

The 15x9s require 4x100 to 4x100 adapters thanks to the offset that needs to be overcome.

I was seriously considering the 15x8s a couple of months ago.
                              Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                              Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                              One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                                Nope, mainly because of the requirement of big spacers and only a few street tires in appropriate sizes.
                                So did you mean that no one has tried it or that they won't fit over the brakes?

But you do have a good point there. I only saw one street tire that I would want to fit the 15x8 (the Hankook RS3s) ...good tires nonetheless, but an indication that I might have problems later finding tires.

I like the APEX ARC-8s (17x8 4x100) but I was hoping to save the cash. The BBS RG-Fs in the first post are gorgeous but they're only 7" wide and blow my budget out of the water. Oh well...the search continues...

I'm curious...what wheels did you end up going with that were wide enough for meaty rubber and fit a BBK?
                                sigpic
                                1990 325i

Comment

Working...
                                X