Installed new rotors and pads - vibration problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FreedS4 View Post
    Let's hope that that was indeed the issue. I should get it on Saturday and it's going on as soon as it gets here.
    how much are the rotors now btw? i need to do this pretty soon.

btw, i just wanted to mention that your car looks clean as hell.
    IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Originally posted by dude8383 View Post
      how much are the rotors now btw? i need to do this pretty soon.

btw, i just wanted to mention that your car looks clean as hell.
      The rotors are around $30 a piece from BMA. Thanks for the compliment, I've been slowly working at it to get it the way I want it.
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Turns out it was the Hawk HPS pads. The backing plate was the wrong shape/size so it was cause the pad to move in the caliper. Got a set of Jurid fronts and the noise is gone.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

It's exceedingly rare for a properly installed rotor to become warped. 999 times out of 1000 the cause is uneven pad deposits on the rotor. This can be confirmed sometimes by looking for a blotchy appearance on the rotor. The solution is to go do some really hard braking, like 8-10X 80mph to 20mph at threshold.

Or occasionally it's the wrong pad <g>
          www.Gress.org

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing. -E. Burke

NASA SpecE30 #6, BMWCCA #161
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X