No announcement yet.

E30 5 lug swap brakes not bleeding properly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They all flow out through the bleeder. It gets hard and pressured after bleeding. But once the engine comes on. The pedal gets spongy. Brake still works, but not at 100%, I still have to pump a couple of times for it to be effective. Enough to drive but the performance is not there. This car is very fast. M50 non vanos. E36 m3 front calipers. Rear e36 calipers with 318ti brackets. Front brake lines are e36 m3. Rear are stainless steel braided lines. Rear calipers are swapped for fitment. So the caliper bleeders are pointes down. Fronts are pointed up. If I’m doing something wrong. Please let me know.

Comment

but do they lock up?
      i'm just saying because the stock MC and m3 brakes will make the car feel like shit nomatter what.
      very spongy then at the very bottom it'll want to lock up. you need at 25mm MC

Comment

Which model carry’s the 25mm mc?

Comment

e32

Comment

Ok update. Swapped out the stock mc to an e32 mc. Pressure bled the brake system and let me tell you. The e32 mc will save your life if your upgrading all these calipers. The stock mc is just too small and I luckily found a brand new one on eBay for $50. It lined up perfectly with the reservoir tank is a simple swap from my e30. Brakes are super now. Onto the next thing. Ac this car for daily driving and then prob turbo her by the winter if time permits, thanks all for the advice..

Comment

Glad you got it figured out!
              2004 525i Manual - 1985 325E Coupe Manual

Comment

Working...
              X