Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake light warning always on

Hi
    I just got a little annoying problème with my parking brake light on the instruments cluster .

it is always on when the car running or key at ON position .

The 3 brake light in the rear are working perfectly.

the switch on the ebrake working good too .

the parking brake light won’t go off .

When I pull the ebrake lever the light comme more a little more bright and when the ebrake is off the light go less bright but still kind a bright ( very enough to see it in plain sunny day)

inhave checked everything fuse , they’re good .
    check the voltage at the fuse , it is OK

didnt check the brake switch because i assume it works good ( have rear brake light working perfectly.

anyone can help me ?!
    thanks !

Brake fluid level related? If so you likely have a leak and need to address it.

Comment

Originally posted by Garemie View Post
      Brake fluid level related? If so you likely have a leak and need to address it.
      Brake fluid level is good .
      no leak at all..

Comment

Test the brake fluid float switch. I'd almost bet that's it.

Comment

I have unplugged it and the light was still ON .

i am starting to think that maybe the wire who goes to the hand brake switch may be grounded somewhere on its route ..

Comment

You have to close the circuit. Unplugging it is the same thing as it being low enough to trigger.

Comment

Did I can put a wire on the conector from one pin to the other to « close » the circuit ?

Comment

Temporarily yes. Will send the same signal as a full reservoir.

Comment

clean and check socket connections to all the related bulbs? sent from hell using tapatalk
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  '90 325i sedan daily driven
                  '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

I doubt it can Be an socket connection issus since the bulb is lightening.. an issue there will be much not light the bulb ?

i have jump the conector and the the light does not came of ..

more more suspecting the wire signal for the handbrake must be grounded ...

this winter I have remove my seat and carpet to weld the floor. Maybe the signal wire is grounding on the chassis ...

Comment

Working...
                    X