E30 1990 front passenger side wheel issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 1990 front passenger side wheel issue

Hey guys, Admin, mods, if this topic is in the wrong place, forgive me pls.
    i just couldn't find the appropriate sub-forum. Anyways, i am in the process of "restoring" my car.
    The complete drivetrain was purchased (brand new bearings, wishbones, bushings..) and i mean EVERYTHING.
    once i got my D2 STREET coilovers installed, i have noticed that my passenger side front wheel is pulling towards the rear of the car. wheels are 7.5x17, tires 215-40-17
    Now, it could be the issue of the alignment and the tie-rods, and i still haven't had a chance to go to an alignment shop. now, i am actually posting this cos i was googling for similar issues, and came up short with results (saw a few threads from 2008 but none of them had a solution)
    Has anyone else had the same/similar issue?
    i know that caster cannot be adjusted, though, i have no clue if camber has any impact on caster.
    My coilovers have the adjustable tophats (camber-wise). also, i have to mention that the lower control arm bushing (the one mounted on the chassis rail) is kinda really stretched. what i mean by that is that the bushing is not flat if you look at it from the side, it's kinda concave (pushing towards the rear of the car.
    don't burn me right away with going to the alignment shops, i would do it i was home. i just couldn't sleep because of this issue. i will try to add some pictures in a couple of minutes..

ttps://imgur.com/YtWHyhZ
    Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

That is interesting. So it looks like all the parts were disassembled and painted. There could be an error in assembly? I would start taking measurements. For example. Measure from the center of the lower ball joint across the car to another reference (subframe for example) and see if the subframe is square and not crooked (if that is even possible). Something should show up if you start comparing sides. Got another e30 to compare measurements to?

Comment

any chance the right control arm is bent or the wrong part?
      Originally posted by priapism
      My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
      Originally posted by shameson
      Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Working...
      X