Rear Shock Mount Upgrades for E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear Shock Mount Upgrades for E30

Hey everyone, I am planning on installing Bilstein shocks and H&R Sport springs on my 325e. I was told to upgrade my rear shock mounts while I'm at it. Will a pair of these do the trick?
    Will they work good / safe to use with the new suspension setup. Also open to suggestions or other shock mounts. Let me know, thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	shock mount kit.png
Views:	167
Size:	148.5 KB
ID:	10087012

these will fit and work safely. they are a factory-ish replacement, not an upgrade, but Bilsteins & H&Rs aren't very aggressive so they won't be a problem.
    cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
      these will fit and work safely. they are a factory-ish replacement, not an upgrade, but Bilsteins & H&Rs aren't very aggressive so they won't be a problem.
      Exactly the info I was looking for. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
        Bilsteins & H&Rs aren't very aggressive so they won't be a problem.
        I think that depends on the H&R spring rate and shock absorber. The H&R race spring rate is much higher spring rate. Add more dampening from a better shock and you have more force out into the mount.

Comment

I would argue that the E46 Meyle HD are an upgrade. There's like a decade+ of forum posts saying they're more resistant to punching out and I've never heard anyone argue otherwise.

Should be great with the reinforcement plates on top, and that price is great too.
          Originally posted by priapism
          My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
          Originally posted by shameson
          Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

I have a set of Turner Motorsport Rear shock mounts (HP Aluminum/Rubber).

I got mine used, but pretty sure these are it:

Lots of folks make the reinforcement plates.
            I got my stainless ones from r3v member "conway". Don't know if he still makes them.

Picture from 2016:

Comment

Working...
            X