Creaking when turning AND over bumps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creaking when turning AND over bumps?

Very odd very annoying suspension (?) issue here… whenever going over any bumps or turning I have a loud creaking from the rear right specially… like almost from the rear pass door card. I also have a high pitched short squeak over bumps which I suspect is unrelated. As for the creaking: my RSM are basically brand new poly ones from BW… tried soaking them in wd40 and no difference. Any idea what this could be? Somehow my door card? Spring binding? Sway bar bushings? Thank you!

Originally posted by khiobrien2 View Post
    Very odd very annoying suspension (?) issue here… whenever going over any bumps or turning I have a loud creaking from the rear right specially… like almost from the rear pass door card. I also have a high pitched short squeak over bumps which I suspect is unrelated. As for the creaking: my RSM are basically brand new poly ones from BW… tried soaking them in wd40 and no difference. Any idea what this could be? Somehow my door card? Spring binding? Sway bar bushings? Thank you!
    poly can be stupid noisy. i'd still suspect an rsm first. other bushings and spring perches back there after that.

Comment

Originally posted by 82eye View Post

poly can be stupid noisy. i'd still suspect an rsm first. other bushings and spring perches back there after that.
      Can RSMs cause creaking?

Comment

Can RSMs cause creaking?
        any poly bushing can be noisy.

edit : if you think it's coming from the door itself check the door seals.

Comment

Check for a loose shock mount, missing or damaged spring seat isolators, exhaust rubbing the valence, loose stuff in the trunk, etc.

Comment

I add to check the rear lower control arm bushings. Jack the rear up and support the car by the frame. Then grab the tire on left and right side and push/pull it. Do the same with a top and bottom grip. The noise may show up.

I had a clunk that came from a bolt that had seized in the bushing. Over time this wore out the inner rear trailing arm mount hole and caused the movement. The squeak maybe the start of this.

Comment

Yeah, thats why I stay away from those poly bushings... they seem to be more trouble than they are worth.

Comment

Originally posted by jbontke View Post
                I add to check the rear lower control arm bushings. Jack the rear up and support the car by the frame. Then grab the tire on left and right side and push/pull it. Do the same with a top and bottom grip. The noise may show up.

I had a clunk that came from a bolt that had seized in the bushing. Over time this wore out the inner rear trailing arm mount hole and caused the movement. The squeak maybe the start of this.
                Huge loud creak when I push hard on the wheel from top/bottom. This means rear cabs?

Comment

Huge loud creak when I push hard on the wheel from top/bottom. This means rear cabs?
                  That very well could be. Get a friend to perform the push on the wheel and get under the (use jackstands) car and feel for the noise. If its that loud, you should be able to feel the vibration on your finger. Touch the inner and outer RCAB locations, something should stand out.

Comment

Working...
                  X