i want to tuck!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i want to tuck!!

Alright first of all I searched, can't find what I'm looking for though, I want to tuck tire a little bit up front and in back, I'm running 195 45 15 tires right now I was thinking H&R sport cupkit I know people say its soft but I don't want a super stiff ride, and also a chamber kit up front. Would that tuck the tires? Thanks

is your car an early model or a late model? The late models tuck rears easier because of the lower rear arches.

And how far are you from tucking front and rear?? Have you taken your spring pads out front and rear??

Taylor
    Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
    Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

Comment

No I don't have the cupkit or chamber plates yet I was wondering if that would tuck them, and its a late model, 88
      Thanks

Comment

for the price of the cupkit you could buy coils and if you shorten the strut assemblies then the ground is basically the limit.

But if youre on a budget, H&R Race springs a very low and very firm. I would suggest taking out your spiring pads and yes camber plates will help bring the front down a bit more. Now tucking front tire may be a bit of a dream but it isnt impossible.

Taylor
        Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
        Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

Comment

I was reading some where you can buy shorter struts who makes them if any one

Comment

You are running undersized tires, so tucking the front is a dream with the cup kit. I'm not even sure if you can tuck the rears. You are losing out on 1" of fill space provided by the tire. Coilovers and shorter housings will be the only way to get as low as you want.
            -tim
            Originally posted by Jordan
            I like the stance
            -Coining hip terms since 10/9/03

Comment

Would H&R cupkit and gc chamber kit look good on it any pictures? I found a good deal on the kit but never used

Comment

A member "32.5i" Has the cup kit. The tires on his borbets are 1/4" bigger than yours. The GC camber kit will lower the front by about 12mm. You will get close, but your struts are going to hate you.
                -tim
                I like the stance

Comment

Thats me with cosmo coils set to MAX low on 17s running tires making the overall diameter BIGGER than stock. Tucking is hard. I don't think you can do it on 15s...

Here's my car on 16s with stock tires, same suspension setup. yes, the offset is horrible.

Comment

if you wanna be slammed (tuckage) you have to have stiff springs. that doesn't mean you'll have a bouncy ride, you just gotta match it with the right shock. if you are slammed with soft spring rates. you'll see yourself bottoming out on everything and your shocks will hate you.

do it right the first time.
                    [PAKSIW]
                    20D .........
                    vmwerks :up:
                    ryan gmw :up:

Comment

Thanks for the info, alright when you getthe gc coilover kit do you have to fab them to strut and what would be a good short strut for the, thanks in advance

Comment

Someone needs to give me a cookie. I just searched for a picture to show everyone what I am talking about.

This is a car with no springs at all in it, sitting on the bump stops. His tires are 205/45/16, so slightly undersized. As you can see, the fronts still do not tuck and the OP's tires are even smaller. The only way to lower it more, is to get GC camber plates or go straight to coilovers with shorter housings.
                        Attached Files
                        -tim
                        I like the stance

Comment

Thanks man, so tucking is out of the picture, I would rather not mod some struts, I was looking at some FK 75 50 springs, maybe some koni struts,has any one tried that setup? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Philo View Post
                            Someone needs to give me a cookie. I just searched for a picture to show everyone what I am talking about.

This is a car with no springs at all in it, sitting on the bump stops. His tires are 205/45/16, so slightly undersized. As you can see, the fronts still do not tuck and the OP's tires are even smaller. The only way to lower it more, is to get GC camber plates or go straight to coilovers with shorter housings.
                            It's byron's car!
                            e30spdfrk
                            sigpic

I wear a suit, I do coke, and I ski...:D
                            That's why I drive a BMW

Comment

Damn, he doesn't drive that car right?
                              Originally posted by Nicademus
                              My car beats off to that car. :bow:

Comment

Working...
                              X