Teach me about coilovers.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teach me about coilovers.....

I am looking into lowering my 92 325i Vert this winter, i am looking into a kinda stiff, track setup for it.

what's the best coils out there for a vert, i just want somthing that will reduce,or get rid of the stupid huge amount of body roll that the vert has.

i am looking to spend around 2500$ including wheels. the wheels are either gonna be KT1's or KT4's, is it possible to fit the 16X9's all around on a vert?

i am also thinking of picking up that Xbrace kit from ejnight....

as far as i know, the best setup is: GC coils, Billi(???) shocks, what kind of other suspension component that i need to care of?

i know i am Newb, just take it easy on me lol.
    Originally posted by e30e
    lose the old man bmwcca badge.

why don't you call GC and ask them? ;)
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Why dont you get KW's?

www.gutenparts.com
      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
        why don't you call GC and ask them? ;)
        i was just wondering if there is a bunch of vert guys that are running the same setup or somthing lol>.<

Originally posted by e30s52 View Post
        Why dont you get KW's?

i was just browsing their webside, and doesn't look they have anything for an E30....

Comment

They have two kits for e30 variant 1 and 2. I think they are working on a third version.

www.gutenparts.com
          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

you have 2300+ posts, hardly a newb. research a bit more and narrow down your questions. there are several coilover solutions you can go with depending on budget/requirements. typical GC kit specs koni sa shocks with eibach race springs in a choice of spring rates. how low/stiff do you want to go?
            '12 F30 328i Sport Line
            '91 SpecE30 #523
            '00 Ford F-350 Dually Tow Vehicle

BMWCCA #360858 NASA #

Comment

you need a strut bar, new sways, ejnight's skidplate and xbrace.

from that point, you can go with the ast 4100 coilovers from elephantmotorsport.com
              My feedback:
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=186328

http://e30tech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74911

Instagram:
              @gears_n_glory

@functionmotorsports

Comment

Originally posted by kishg View Post
                you have 2300+ posts, hardly a newb. research a bit more and narrow down your questions. there are several coilover solutions you can go with depending on budget/requirements. typical GC kit specs koni sa shocks with eibach race springs in a choice of spring rates. how low/stiff do you want to go?
                just somthing not that low, because the roads here are terrible and will clear my keskin wheels.

:-) told u, i am a real newb when it comes to suspensions.

Comment

hellabad from ground control is on here a lot. pm him im sure he'd love to teach you anything you wanna know. doesnt kw use koni's anyway? if you want a bolt on conversion you can send in a core to GC. theres also d2(kinda crappy), ksport(pretty crappy and way to expensive) then the holy grail AST ahah but thats alot of money.

personally id just GC with koni SA so you can actually buy some sways/wheels.

Comment

Working...
                  X