No announcement yet.

Drop Hats.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I removed my hr,s after having them in my car for less then a year. The tops of my spring aleady had no paint on them. Its called bimedal corrosion.

Comment

Originally posted by richardkeith97 View Post
      I dont thing i would remove my upper spring pad with these unless you paint them. Even then the paint would rub off. Has anyone seen what happens when you put steel and aluminum together. It makes a chemical reaction and corodes. Other then that theirs no problem.
      I'd rather just keep things quiet and put the rubber spring pads in there. For the 3mm increase in ride height, it's worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by joonsup View Post
        i purchased the drophats from richard a few weeks ago for full price. Does it suck that the price dropped to $85? Yeah but that's just how it is and I have no regrets. As far as the 15mm drop, you can indeed see the difference but I wish they were 20mm drop hats. However I'm still happy with the 15mm. It's a lot better than the huge gap I had using HR Sport springs. So I don't know if it would be worth it to purchase the e90 ones that lower 10mm if you keep the spring pad. I think I read that you can get it to around 15mm w/out the spring pad though? Any potential damage by not having that piece?
        I don't know as though you could go that much of a drop on the pads alone. I installed these on a car and had to put both the stock washer and the thicker washer in to keep the strut mount studs from rubbing the hat, any more than these and you will bind the bearing in the strut.
        john@m20guru.com
        Links:
        Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

^^ yea lol the rear upper spring bad is HUGE!
          Slamburglars Handbook:

5. Slamburglars don't get stuck on speed bumps, speed bumps get stuck on Slamburglars

Comment

i have my drop hats in both my cars with my stock washers and no spring pads. def a 20mm drop atleast. my hat touches my strut mount just enough to put a mark on it but doesn't effect how it works a all. i've never heard any noice from removing my spring pads.

Comment

I'm about to install new camber plates up front, if they don't drop me about 10-15mm then I'll def get a set of the e90 ones.

Comment

$25 + 30min = worth it. Running IE3 springs with no pads up front....

Before:

After:

Comment

/\ Great job at showing the before and after pictures. :up:

And Corvallis, some camber plates are built solely for the stock e30 hat. I highly doubt the E90 plates will work on something such as GC plates. The plates acknowledge the gap and is built in respect to the stock depth. Just food for thought. It would be nice to do E90 hats and GC plates.
                  -tim
                  Originally posted by Jordan
                  I like the stance
                  -Coining hip terms since 10/9/03

Comment

So we have confirmed that e90 hats will work for e30s?
                    I got a fender roller now! LMK if you need me to roll your fenders or want to rent the tool from me locally.

Paypal: vdang5@gmail.com

Delta Auto Care
                    2875-C Towerview Road
                    Herndon, VA

My Feedback Thread: Evil_Twin

Comment

Originally posted by evil_twin View Post
                      So we have confirmed that e90 hats will work for e30s?
                      Well if you look up above your post you will see that they work...

www.gutenparts.com
                      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by Philo View Post
                        /\ Great job at showing the before and after pictures. :up:

And Corvallis, some camber plates are built solely for the stock e30 hat. I highly doubt the E90 plates will work on something such as GC plates. The plates acknowledge the gap and is built in respect to the stock depth. Just food for thought. It would be nice to do E90 hats and GC plates.
                        They should work with anything that will use the stock E30 spring hats. They aren't compatible with the E36 M3 strut tower bushings that some 5-lug swap people use. They should work for E36 cars with centers strut bushings (not that anyone here cares) :p

I'm glad someone put the pictures up. I haven't had time to install mine. It's not a large drop, but it's something!

Comment

Originally posted by e30s52 View Post
                          Well if you look up above your post you will see that they work...
                          Haha thanks guy!
                          I got a fender roller now! LMK if you need me to roll your fenders or want to rent the tool from me locally.

Paypal: vdang5@gmail.com

Delta Auto Care
                          2875-C Towerview Road
                          Herndon, VA

My Feedback Thread: Evil_Twin

Comment

Sorry, I forgot to post back on this. I installed them last friday, they fit perfect. I took out the spring pads on all 4 corners, i didnt take any pictures but i suppose i could take one with it in the same spot. I have the H&R cup kit on my 323i, (this is what i put them in). the cup kit sits low on US cars but the euros weight didnt let it go too low. NOW the car looks like its on a cup kit. very nice drop. My cost ended up being $18 for the pair. killer deal and its factory. While I was under there i instally new control arm, CABs and a new exhaust. I forgot how cool this car was.
                            -Mac
                            1989 325i Alpine s52 coupe
                            2003 540i M-Sport 6 speed
                            2003 X5 3.0

Comment

Awesome find sir's
                              sigpic

Comment

would e90 camber plates fit in a e30?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...