Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

suspension, brakes + project

hey guys,
    finally ready to dive into this project. have all needed work done and parts pressed in.

The new rear bearings are in as well as the S/F Bushings, welded reinforments for rear sway bar to trailing arm mounting point.

any advise ?
    thanks.
    Frank

Hardware:
    Be sure to have everything....or even a few extras in case something gets bent/lost/stripped.

Before you start:
    The day before you start the project, get under the car and spray some kind of thread penetrating 'stuff' so the hardware will be easier to loosen up. Liquid Wrench perhaps?

Tools:
    Make certain you have everything you need and that it works. Nothing more frustrating than a missing/broken tool to halt progress.

Allow time:
    Usually something is bound to hang you up somewhere....so start early and give yourself enough time so you aren't rushed to get things back together. Haste makes waste.

Beer:
    Have some chilled to guzzle down afterwards. If you have a friend or two lending a hand, be sure to provide some 'pizza & suds' as their reward :D

Jon
    Rides...
    1991 325i - sold :(
    2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

Wow, how long did you spend laying all that out? :D

Looks like it's going to be a great setup.

Comment

heheh :)
        thanks man. had a great time today. most bothersome part is done, next is Differential.

this is what i did so far...
        - installed frame brake lines,
        - rear sway bar,
        - trailing arms into sub-frame,
        - 3 jacks, raise whole assambly, wiggle in and attach old shocks to trailing arms., then you can pullback and forth on subframe assambly, line it up with S/F screws, dont forget washer between bushing and frame.

Comment

that some good looking suspension set up

nice
          JUNGL3

1990 "333i" Sport

Comment

Thanks man, it's going to be a fun project :)

It's been a slow 2 days, tax time.

Anyways, replaced the passanger side parking b. cable and painted the brake rotors and calipers. It seems that i'll need to reinstall rear brake back plates so i can attach parking brakes shoes to it. hahaha, PASS THE HAMMER !!!

Comment

:shock: how much did all that run you, must have been a small fortune.....

Comment

Working...
              X