No announcement yet.

OTS koni shocks vs GC konis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had spoken to GC, and they had said the SA's will would be fine w/ a 450/600 c/o set up.....I did not ask about higher rates.
    I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

I know Skafrog has 475/625. But I'd really like 650#. If there's too much oversteer, can step up the front bar.

I'll either wait for someone to know, call them, or PM them on bimmerforums.

Comment

.......let us know
        I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Meant to post an update here.

Dale, passing info on from Jay, told one of my local M42 guys that the GC Konis are 25-30% stiffer than OTS, not to mention significantly shorter (we all knew that). My friend bought the GC ones to use with his new H&R Sports, to replace his current Eibach/Bilstien setup. He says the ride is incredibly firmer now (which is surprising, seeing as he's coming from Billy Sports with their high compression specs), which leads me to think that the 25-30% figure may actually be correct. In any case, I'll be going for a ride in that car this weekend, and I'll post some qualitative findings after.

Comment

Did we ever get a clear answer on what the approx. spring rate limits are, for standard off-the-shelf Koni's?

Also, are both the front AND rear GC Koni's revalved and shortened, or just the rears?

Comment

No idea on rate limits, and IMO they'd be subjective anyways.

I do know that the fronts and revalved and shorter, and the rears are revalved and have top adjustment. The rears are the same length.

Comment

Are OTS Koni's Ok for IE Stage III springs, or are the GC's really necessary?

Comment

OTS Konis will be more than enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal
                    OTS Konis will be more than enough.
                    Good to know.

Where do you think the GC Koni's will really come into their own, then?

In other words, do you need to be using, say, 500lb+ springs before they really become necessary?

Comment

Track cars with stupid-stiff springs lowered to within an inch of their lives.

Otherwise, I don't really see the benefit.

Comment

FUH RAZE PARTS ARE ALWAYS FTW

duh

Comment

Originally posted by rwh11385
                          FUH RAZE PARTS ARE ALWAYS FTW

duh
                          To modify your street car with go-fast race parts or other setups which hold little to no value to the driver, but is good for posing. This is especially popular in the BMW E30 community. Similar to rice, except trying to look like a track rat instead of a street racer. btw, it can be used sarcastically by people who are actually upgrading their stuff for good reasons in jest towards the people who do it solely for looks.

Ha, someone actually mentioned the E30 when they submitted the definition here.

Comment

that's because that was me who submitted it. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by rwh11385
                              that's because that was me who submitted it. ;)

Heeter FTW

Comment

true story. Matt russell refered to me as "track boy" on bimmerforums when I got in timeout for the 1222 code thread. and turn 7 is an infamous one at Putnam

I bet some r3v kids will see this thread and buy up all of GC's inventory of Konis

Comment

Working...
                                X