bilstein or koni with GC coilover conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bilstein or koni with GC coilover conversion

I am stuck on making a decision, should i get Bilstein or Koni with the ground control conversion kit? I DD my car, but i drive really spirited. Tell me which should i go for and your reason why, also pics of the set up if you can. Thanks

Also where do i go to order koni or bilstein?

seriously.............bavauto or blunttech...google is your best best best friend.
    Bought parts from me before? leave your feedback here

Comment

i appreciate your help, but as i can see, blunttech and bavauto does not have koni, I did google, i did search on here, i have indefinite answers, which is why i created this thread to see what the people's opinion and there experiences.

Comment

I'm not sure what reason there may be to buy Konis when Bisteins are cheaper and come with a lifetime warranty.
        -tim
        Originally posted by Jordan
        I like the stance
        -Coining hip terms since 10/9/03

Comment

I'd say shortened housings with the GC revalved G60 inserts.

Go low and keep your suspension travel.

But I'm guessing if you were willing to shell out the money for a GC kit, you wouldn't be asking this.
          Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
          Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

I'd say shortened housings with the GC revalved G60 inserts.
            Just a note: GC's custom valved inserts are not re-valved G60 units.
            Suspension tips here...
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/album.php?albumid=757

sigpic

Comment

Talk to ^ this guy if you want the explaination. In short, Koni all the way. I did quite a bit of research after being swayed by mark on the koni's to give me confidence in ordering the full setup when I had the initial plan of just getting the conversion kit to run with my bilsteins and I'm damn happy I dropped the coin on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Philo View Post
                I'm not sure what reason there may be to buy Konis when Bisteins are cheaper and come with a lifetime warranty.

Because Konis have adjustable damping and a lifetime warranty.

You don't have to take them out and send them anywhere to tune the suspension.
                Here is my photo gallery answering common questions about Ground Control Suspension, and e30 suspension problems in general.
                Ground Control Gallery

The Ground Control facebook page: Dragged, kicking and screaming into social media to see what happens next.
                Ground Control facebook page

Comment

And as was just proven, there are GC guys on here, always willing to help you.

Go here be happy!

Ratchet Garage e30 V8 build.

Comment

With bilsteins, you really have to have them revalved to match your spring rate. Luckily, it's not that expensive. For those who DD their cars, konis typically will also crash less over bumps. The adjustability is nice, too.

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

It's all about Rancho's.
                      "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                      88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                      91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

RS9000s' FTW!
                        Suspension tips here...
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/album.php?albumid=757

sigpic

Comment

If you're about to buy shocks, then suck it up and get a basic kit from GC. The Bilsteins are usable, but not at all optimal.

I have a proper GC kit AND a half assed GC/Bilstein kit. The proper kit rides and handles quite a bit better.
                          2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
                          2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
                          1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
                          1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
                          - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
                          1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
                          1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
                          Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

sigpic

Comment

The full ground control kit with shortened housings and konis was the best investment i ever made. I play with the ride height all the time and love being able to adjust the shocks on the fly. It rides 100x better than stock with the konis. I can have the skidplate .1 inches off the ground one day and an inch of gap the next. I dont think id ever be happy with a cheaper setup. Also when they shorten the housings you get M3 tabs.
                            I need your obd1 parts! Harness intake ecu etc.

E30 Your Daily Money Pit

Comment

Originally posted by BrettsE30 View Post
                              The full ground control kit with shortened housings and konis was the best investment i ever made. I play with the ride height all the time and love being able to adjust the shocks on the fly. It rides 100x better than stock with the konis. I can have the skidplate .1 inches off the ground one day and an inch of gap the next. I dont think id ever be happy with a cheaper setup. Also when they shorten the housings you get M3 tabs.
                              Man, I really want to rally-x my car. It would be nice to be able to raise it up and drop it back down for normal track use.
                              S50'd

Originally posted by TDE30
                              What is this faggy shit I have happened upon?
                              Originally posted by slammin.e28
                              I can always live in a M3. Can't M3 a house.

Comment

Working...
                              X