No announcement yet.

Camaro Shocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I run IE3's and Camaro GR2's in rear and everything is great, no complaints here, the valving and height on them is perfect for IE3 springs.

My previous setup's were Billy HD's and then E30 spec KYB Gas-Adjust and they both bottom out with IE3's ; and the Camaro's never do, even with two extra passengers and a full trunk.
    Last edited by AE86; 08-15-2012, 06:17 PM.
    WTB: Diamond Schwartz Hood

Comment

pick of the rear setup? on the ground of course
      -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
      -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
      MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
      Got Drop?? ;-)
      Originally posted by JinormusJ
      But of course
      E30s are know to be notoriously really really really ridiculously good looking

Comment

ok guys im looking at doing the camaro rears on my 4door thats got Eibach prokit & e90 drop hats. atm my car has stagg front shocks, & tokico blues for rears. i wanna get something better since its so low but not shell out the cash for billy spots at this time. is there a non e30 front shock i can look into?
        Shawn @ Bimmerbuddies
        Bimmerbuddies LLC
        717-388-1256
        2971a Roundtop Rd, Middletown PA 17057
        bimmerbuddiesllc@gmail.com

Comment

Just wondering if anyone has a good amount of miles running the 15mm bearing (shown on page 8 of this thread, post #114). Wanted to see if it's able to hold up to real-world abuse on a street car (I live in Chicago and they don't believe in smooth roads, or repairing potholes. True story).
          '91 318is
          '03 540iT M-Sport
          '76 2002

Comment

Originally posted by Cronopoulos View Post
            Just ordered a complete set of struts for the G.E. coilovers I bought a while back. I will put up install pics hopefully this weekend...

(Front) MR2 rear struts - KYB part # 765016

Free Shipping - KYB AGX Adjustable Gas Shocks and Struts with qualifying orders of $109. Shop Shocks and Struts at Summit Racing.

(Rear) Camaro struts - KYB part # 743019

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/KYB-743019/
            I just ordered the same setup :)
            Feedback
            Instagram - @e30_mtech2

Comment

Originally posted by CHIF8008 View Post
              was looking at sights that sell MR2 front inserts. do the body size of the inserts change depending on the year of the mr2? or would any mr2 front insert work regardless of the year?

also: it would seem that Mr2's have rear strut inserts aswell? they look just like all the front inserts on the sight. would there be a difference in those compared to the front ones? (body size/ valving)
              Bump anyone?

Comment

Have you not read any of this thread?

Rear mr2 inserts are 2" shorter. Front inserts are 4" shorter. As for the body size, what are you looking for exactly? They fit inside the e30 tube.

Comment

what would be the reasoning to go with a 4 inch less compression length? Would the shock be basically "valved" for lower springs?
                  2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
                  (Daily Driver)
                  Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
                  KW V2 Coilovers
                  VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

your not when your bringing the perch down. your compression length actually increases, which is why people should do this if they want leuos
                    '89 Delphin 2.8 Cabrio
                    '94 Yamaha FZR 600

Originally posted by FlexdXJ
                    Is that thing on air?

Comment

4>2 inch in this case? why would there be any questioning of putting the 2 inch shorter ones rather than 4?
                      2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
                      (Daily Driver)
                      Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
                      KW V2 Coilovers
                      VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

lowness... but honestly im running the 2 inch cut housing with rears and i simply dont see how anyone can be lower.. im at the top of my adjustment with the 4" springs and when i get the 6" in and run the camber plates in, ill be lower at the bottom of the adjustment.. its really not necessary to cut 4"s out. 2 inch with the mr2 rears is fine.
                        '89 Delphin 2.8 Cabrio
                        '94 Yamaha FZR 600

Originally posted by FlexdXJ
                        Is that thing on air?

Comment

Since people are too lazy to read this thread.

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post

Yes but you have to take some measurements first cause you don't want the strut to be completely extended or up having tension on the assembly at normal ride height. You kinda want to be in the middle of the stroke at static ride height. You would also need a longer spring if you chopped out that much. 2" is pretty much the golden #.
                          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                          My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by ToPLeSS(e30)FeinD View Post
                            its really not necessary to cut 4"s out. 2 inch with the mr2 rears is fine.
                            Not to mention, good luck adjusting the front down without having to pull the wheel off...

I can BARELY adjust my fronts down. Actually, unless I disconnect my sway bar endlink, I can't even get my hands in there. No droop FTW
                            Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
                            Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

Comment

Just installed the rear camaro shocks over the weekend. Also installed IE rsm and purchased sleeve bearings (#6381K524) from McMaster Carr. Install was very easy.
                              Feedback
                              Instagram - @e30_mtech2

Comment

I have read the whole thread. I made a mistake and quoted the incorrect post. I was wondering more on this guys post, and viveks post. About the durability of the camaro rear shock options, along with the stiffness, and travel.

Basically which is the stiffest?

Gr2,gas a just, then the agx? Gr2s being the the softest?

Any help would be appreciated thank you.

Originally Posted by graphikg
                                just wondering... Is there a comparison in rates of the rear shocks between the:

1) billy sports
                                2) kyb agx chamaro rear shocks
                                and the
                                3)kyb gas-a-just chamaro rear shocks?

Just curious about numbers.

Comment

Working...
                                X