Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Balleristic31 View Post
    Yep decided to do this after a ton of hassle. Thanks
    Is the section that needs to be turned down removable? Trying to figure out how to turn it down in my lathe or centerless grinder...

Comment

Originally posted by livetheride View Post
      Is the section that needs to be turned down removable? Trying to figure out how to turn it down in my lathe or centerless grinder...
      no
      2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
      (Daily Driver)
      Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
      KW V2 Coilovers
      VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

What KYB Gas-a-Just inserts can I use in the front housings if I'm not planning to cut them right away? I'm on GC coilovers with the perch cut off but the housings aren't sectioned and I'm not really planning on doing so for a few months - just wound all the way down with camber plates.

edit: Guess KYB AGX 765016 with spacers in the strut tubes is the way to go then when I do section the tubes they will still work.
        Last edited by RedReplicant; 05-01-2014, 05:30 AM.
        91 318is - Gone
        16 VW GTI
        07 Aprilia Tuono

Comment

How do the KYB gas a just shocks for the Camaro feel? Are they stiff????

Comment

How will the KYB gas camaro shocks feel on the rear of my car??

Comment

Originally posted by blizake500 View Post
              How will the KYB gas camaro shocks feel on the rear of my car??
              Better than your 20 year old blown shocks.

Comment

FYI, Rockauto.com has this setup for sub $350.

Comment

Actually mine are 1 year old autozone shocks

Comment

I just installed the Camaro rears in my 86, and IMO they match perfectly in stiffness and ride quality to the front Bilstein Sports (about 4000 miles on them). Great feel, stiff without being hard and jarring. Well worth it.

I think track and drifters would have a worse opinion, but for daily + sporty road, they're perfect.

Comment

Does anyone know what mm diameter the threaded shaft ends are? Ordering GC coilovers, plates and RSMs, but can't find the sizes online, thanks!

Edit: MR2 rears are 15mm versus 14mm for stock fronts, still no clue for camaro rears.
                      What spring rates can the agx's support? Wanted to go with 500f and 800r no sway.
                      Last edited by THEhomelessONE; 05-18-2014, 01:44 PM.

RIP 02/25/15
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...16#post4356816

Comment

Running 500f 800r with agx's on full stiff, rides great. Has a bit of a bounce but I think it's from the tires. The camaro shocks are same 10 mm as stock, just need to modify the fronts 1 mm larger.

RIP 02/25/15
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...16#post4356816

Comment

I'm selling a set of camaro rear shocks with the bushings already pressed in. 2 weeks old. Let me know if you're interested!

Comment

I figured I'd post this since the explanations are vague elsewhere:

If you want to put MR2 KYB AGXes into the front you're going to need to cut 1mm off of the strut where it passes through the strut bearing. MR2 is 15mm, stock is 14mm. Thread the nut on that comes with the strut on, take a 19mm socket and a cordless drill with an adapter, spin the nut while you hold a bastard file on the area until you reach the right thickness for the strut bearing to fit on.

The struts are also shorter than stock so if you haven't shortened your housings then you're going to need a 1.5" OD pipe to make up the difference.

I paid $49 a piece for open box MR2 rear KYB AGXes (KYB 765016) off of Amazon. Very, very happy for $100.
                            Paid $73 for two KYB Gas-a-Just Camaro (KYB KG5562) rear shocks. Very, very happy.
                            Paid $350 for Ground Control coilover conversion kit. 440lb/650lb.

$523 for this setup is peanuts.
                            Last edited by RedReplicant; 07-28-2014, 02:23 PM.
                            91 318is - Gone
                            16 VW GTI
                            07 Aprilia Tuono

Comment

Running rear mr2 agx shocks in the front with 500 lbs springs. Anyone know how to adjust em? They just feel like theyre spinning without doing anything. I'm getting some bounce and wanna mess with the stiffness and see if that helps. I'm still on bottlecaps so I feel like the tires could be an issue too

Comment

Originally posted by JFarhanbod View Post
                                Running rear mr2 agx shocks in the front with 500 lbs springs. Anyone know how to adjust em? They just feel like theyre spinning without doing anything. I'm getting some bounce and wanna mess with the stiffness and see if that helps. I'm still on bottlecaps so I feel like the tires could be an issue too
                                Your adjusters are probably broken then. On the top of the shaft there is the black adjuster... it has a little tang that sits down into a notched portion of the shaft and if this tang is broken you're not actually adjusting the shock. KYB will sell you (or generally just gift you) replacement adjusters.

I also have bounce up front and am on stock weaves until my 42Draft adjusters arrive some time in the next however long (lol). I'm also thinking a lot of it is in the tires but I'll likely know some time next week.
                                Last edited by RedReplicant; 08-08-2014, 01:27 PM.
                                91 318is - Gone
                                16 VW GTI
                                07 Aprilia Tuono

Comment

Working...
                                X