No announcement yet.

Camaro Shocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That might be the case, but if in-fact your shock is supporting weight like that, expect it to go out faster....your springs aren't doing there job if they sag that much.
    sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

If any of you have owned a Ford Explorer, u can second this. The difference in height on a car between brand new shocks and blown out shocks is small but noticeable. Both of you are right, on cars too light to provide sufficient weight to prove this theory, the difference is finite. But it does exist.

Side Note: Wasn't this thread regarding Camaro shocks and similar applications? Let's try to keep it on topic. And PLEASE read before asking questions. The redundancy in this thread is getting out of hand.
      '89 Delphin 2.8 Cabrio
      '94 Yamaha FZR 600

Originally posted by FlexdXJ
      Is that thing on air?

Comment

this is leading to the same idea that indeed pistons have 0 velocity at TDC and BDC and stop. I am just saying that the height is not initially governed by shock compression.
        2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
        (Daily Driver)
        Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
        KW V2 Coilovers
        VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

I have read through this entire thread, considering the front mr2 shocks and cutting the housings down 2 inches and running them with my ground control coilover conversion kit. Has anyone used this setup with camber plates...? Would you run MR2 camber plates? or...

Comment

Chris had the struts turned down 1mm
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
            My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

is the mr2 rear struts fit e30 front struts without modification? how about the camaro shock they fit without modification? thanks

Comment

far as camro shocks go would gas adjusts be somewhat compatable with eibach pros. or should i just buy bilsteins sports
                The day I bought my e30, was the day I became sophisticated and classy as fuck.

Comment

Its been a while since I surfed this forum. If camaro struts are truly an option, might I suggest a premium option for those of you who are track oriented.. QA1. They make single and double adjustable struts and 276 different valve options.

Texas Speed & Performance is your one-stop shop for all LS and Gen 5 LT1 & LT4 performance parts and engines! We are among the largest LS and Gen 5 LT1/LT4-specific shops in the country, and we machine and assemble all of our engines, camshafts, and Precision Race Components cylinder heads in house! We also have a complete line of Texas Speed & Performance crankshafts, connecting rods, rocker arms, long tube headers, exhaust systems, and more. Come by for a facility tour, or check out our facility tour online!

Comment

a pair i found on ebay im not sure yet if im going to do this set up yet or not.. but i put in the rear part number and these poped up on ebay... double check me but its 75 for a used pair

Comment

Originally posted by osborne519 View Post
                      http://www.ebay.com/itm/93-02-KYB-AG...badac1&vxp=mtr

a pair i found on ebay im not sure yet if im going to do this set up yet or not.. but i put in the rear part number and these poped up on ebay... double check me but its 75 for a used pair
                      I bought those! Got um for $65 + shipping. I'm installing them today.
                      sigpic

Comment

Amazon has a warehouse deal on the adjustable MR2 rear. There is only 1 left at $44. There were three but somepone just bought two for no reason.
                        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                        My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

so this sleeve to make the rear bushings on the camaro shocks fit snug on the m12 bolt, any info on what to look for at home depot/lowes?

Comment

Originally posted by penpen View Post
                            so this sleeve to make the rear bushings on the camaro shocks fit snug on the m12 bolt, any info on what to look for at home depot/lowes?
                            you can get a 1/2 inch to 12mm step down spacer (part no BD4-Z005A02) from eshocks for for about $4ea

sigpic

Comment

so just to clarify, which I think should be done on the first page.

for the e30 front you can use:
                              aw11 front or rear shocks?

for the e30 rear you can use:
                              87 or w.e-2002 camaro rears?
                              2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
                              (Daily Driver)
                              Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
                              KW V2 Coilovers
                              VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

I have a quick question regarding the KYB AGX Camaro rear shocks. I'm seeing compressed heights for Bilstein's in this thread but have not found the compressed/extended heights for the KYB AGX's (not sure if they would match the Bilsteins or not). I ask because I'm considering fitting some on my bagged BMW 2002 and need specific compressed/extended heights for the rear shocks. If someone could post those specs it would be appreciated!

--Roundie Revival 2.0 - 1973 BMW 2002 Build Thread--
                                --Golden Boy E30 Build Thread-- (sold)

Comment

Working...
                                X