No announcement yet.

pulling to right and left

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont remember seeing that washer in that picture, Im pretty sure its not there, the flat washer im pretty sure is there but Ill check once I get a chance

Comment

it looks like no one has gotten an alignment after installing suspension components. Really?
      2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
      (Daily Driver)
      Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
      KW V2 Coilovers
      VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

Originally posted by codyep3 View Post
        it looks like no one has gotten an alignment after installing suspension components. Really?
        I do, but alignment does not contribute to binding of steering. Even extreme toe would not cause this. I run 2 deg of toe out, sure the car wanders, but it does not bind steering input.
        '84 318i M10B18 147- Safari Beige
        NA: 93whp/90ftlbs, MS2E w/ LC, 2-Step
        Turbo: 221whp/214ftlbs, MS3x flex @ 17psi

Comment

http://youtu.be/gwinLm0b9gA

Here's a quick video I took a hour ago. You can see the spring jump. You can also see a bolt is the wrong way. I've yet to take this apart to see what the PO did to this thing...

instagram: @tonerrrr
          High resolution E30 Fuse Box 300dpi PNG

Comment

that's your toe. Get aligned. Close thread.
            Nice posts from a new member. I have had my strut tubes off my car about 15 times in the last 4yrs and never came out of alignment. It's not like a car that has the whole strut tube/damper replaced as one unit, the ball joint sockets are attached to the strut tube. Swapping do different strut tubes may throw alignment.

Something is wrong and the bearing is binding as mentioned. I installed some drop hats for a customer and noticed this right away. Instructions said to use a thicker washer (included in package) but it wasn't thick enough, had to add the stock washer as well.

I always check the rotation of the upper strut mount after installing new springs/dampers before putting them back in a car, they should spin freely.
            john@m20guru.com
            Links:
            Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Working...
            X