E36 rack swap -THE correct location for the spacers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by benz-tech View Post

How did you measure this? Or was it by feel? Keep in mind, the spacers on the top showed the LEAST amount of bumpsteer but not 0*. I suppose its possible there are other tie rod combinations that could affect bumpsteer and would be curious to see someone else post alignment numbers showing the difference. I also was not able to run a full top to bottom sweep since my car, although lowered, still had the springs in. I did had a 250 lb co-worker hang on the bumper to get as close as possible. At any rate, alignment racks dont lie and the bumpsteer numbers were horrifically bad w/ spacers on the bottom and 'flat tie rods' as you say.
    blast from the past. it was by feel. note that even with the stock rack i still had that perception and the Z3 rack swap did not make it worse so maybe i am in the "best" position

its most noticeable if you go over a speed bump at an angle with 1 wheel in compression the steering wheel seems to want to turn alot.
    Last edited by digger; 06-03-2020, 04:49 PM.
    89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Working...
    X