Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions questions questions

information

stay with me please, im learning, and on a cheap budget, not easy to start from scratch with no knowledge if i dont know what to look for, and please try to avoid suggesting a "better" route, just want to know if it works

i want to get pretty low with these cosmo coilover sleeves and i would prefer to ask questions instead of experiment and get screwed

im planning on shortening the strut housing, i have a 325e its an 85, stock stuff as far as i know

so im going to cut the spring perch off, cut 2 inches of the strut housing, weld on a new perch for the adjustable sleeves, and maybe make a spacer if needed

questions

1. do i have 45mm housings or 51mm housings?

2. which shocks could i use for the fronts?

is going to work as far as i know?

3. then i need to get new bearings and push them into the strut mount
    6302-2RSJ fit perfectly
    corrrect?

4. for the rear i would shorten just the same
    can I use camaro gas-a-just and use a spacer to fit the bolt?

5. im using STRUT INSERTS from a 91 mr2 for the front, and SHOCKS from a camaro(what year or years?) correct? i dont really know the difference

6. if i wanted to run more camber, say in the rear, could i use http://www.e30tech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80410 those to get more negative camber or would those only work for correction? what about in the front, what is a cheap way to get more camber, if any?

let me know if im missing anything else i would need to do. any problems i could possibly run into

thanks a ton
    Last edited by aPapester; 06-30-2012, 12:11 AM.
    Check Out My Photography

aPapester Photography Facebook

6. if i wanted to run more camber, say in the rear, could i use http://www.e30tech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80410 those to get more negative camber or would those only work for correction? what about in the front, what is a cheap way to get more camber, if any?
    Why do you want more camber in the rear? Are you having oversteer issues?

Comment

just for looks, i dont know how much camber ill get when i drop it but im not going to go crazy numbers, just noticable
      Check Out My Photography

Comment

So the goal is to look like this

and handle like this?

Seems legit.

If all you care about is looks and you are on a budget, why not cut the springs?
        (serious question)

Comment

i already have coilover sleeves,
          but my goal isnt any different then alot of guys,
          i could just put the sleeves i have on right now but i will blow out my shocks and not be low enough.
          besides the point im just wondering if it WILL work,
          Check Out My Photography

Comment

Bump for some actual help please
            Check Out My Photography

Comment

Bump, wanting to do this project soon,
              Check Out My Photography

Comment

Can someone help me out any?
                Check Out My Photography

Comment

Well, if you already have springs, then you need to buy some shocks. brows ebay for some basic dampers.

I have these in my car with a set of some unknown lowering springs.

Comment

You should get together with the e30 guys in Boise at a BOE meet. They will talk with you, and give you a ride in a set up car so you know what to expect/want.

Comment

Working...
                    X