LCAB install with CA on car
Collapse
X
-
I was able to just push on the cold bushing. No BFH needed. WeirdLeave a comment:
-
Just FYI.
I prefer to change the bushing with control arm bolted to the car. The car holds the arm still while I beat the bushing.Leave a comment:
-
-
UPDATE
Freezer + Dish Soap + Removing Ball Joint at the knuckle + BFH = WinLeave a comment:
-
I installed my last CAB with the CA on the car AFTER unbolting the outer ball joint so I could swivel the bushing end towards me and work from the wheel side. Its enough of a PITA without trying to do it underneath the car & makes it that much easier to get everything bolted and the car down within the "30 minute window".
The work bench is best.Leave a comment:
-
Freezer and dish soap. Freeze the bushing then put dish soap inside the opening on the bushing as well as a little bit on the arm as well.
TaylorLeave a comment:
-
throw the lolli in the freezer for 15 minutes. It will make the rubber shrinkLeave a comment:
-
Well its off, and the new bushing has been pressed into the lollipop. All I have to do is it the back on the CA.
I have a pitman arm puller...Leave a comment:
-
If you have a ball joint press, it is no big deal to pull the control arm without damaging it, which is what I do. It is possible to change the CAB with the control arm on the car, but you'll have to come up with some way to pull the CAB and lollipop off the arm and to press it back on.Leave a comment:
-
LCAB install with CA on car
So my RH CA was bad so i ordered a new CA as well as M3 bushings. RH side is done and wasn't too bad at all. However, since my bushings were bad on both sides i decided to replace them. I got the lollipop bracket off, bushing out and replaced. But I am having an issue installing it. The LH CA wasn't bad (nor did I have the fundage to replace it prematurely) so I was just going to do JUST the CA.
Tips on getting it on with the CA still attached? I haven't tried removing it because I am afraid of damaging it and then not being able to use it...
Any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated since I need to drive it monday...Tags: None

Leave a comment: