LCAB install with CA on car

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hellabad
    replied
    Originally posted by codyep3
    I was able to just push on the cold bushing. No BFH needed. Weird

    Nobody truly NEEDS a BFH, its just more fun.

    Actually sometimes you need one.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mr. Tasty
    replied
    I was able to just push on the cold bushing. No BFH needed. Weird

    Leave a comment:


  • Hellabad
    replied
    Just FYI.

    I prefer to change the bushing with control arm bolted to the car. The car holds the arm still while I beat the bushing.

    Leave a comment:


  • Cha Ching
    replied
    Originally posted by bowtie2bimmer
    UPDATE

    Freezer + Dish Soap + Removing Ball Joint at the knuckle + BFH = Win
    I need to do the same thing to mine, would love to see some pictures of the critical steps you undertook to make this happen.

    Leave a comment:


  • bowtie2bimmer
    replied
    UPDATE

    Freezer + Dish Soap + Removing Ball Joint at the knuckle + BFH = Win

    Leave a comment:


  • jeffnhiscars
    replied
    I installed my last CAB with the CA on the car AFTER unbolting the outer ball joint so I could swivel the bushing end towards me and work from the wheel side. Its enough of a PITA without trying to do it underneath the car & makes it that much easier to get everything bolted and the car down within the "30 minute window".

    The work bench is best.

    Leave a comment:


  • E30_fiend
    replied
    Freezer and dish soap. Freeze the bushing then put dish soap inside the opening on the bushing as well as a little bit on the arm as well.


    Taylor

    Leave a comment:


  • Mr. Tasty
    replied
    throw the lolli in the freezer for 15 minutes. It will make the rubber shrink

    Leave a comment:


  • bowtie2bimmer
    replied
    Well its off, and the new bushing has been pressed into the lollipop. All I have to do is it the back on the CA.

    I have a pitman arm puller...

    Leave a comment:


  • jlevie
    replied
    If you have a ball joint press, it is no big deal to pull the control arm without damaging it, which is what I do. It is possible to change the CAB with the control arm on the car, but you'll have to come up with some way to pull the CAB and lollipop off the arm and to press it back on.

    Leave a comment:


  • bowtie2bimmer
    started a topic LCAB install with CA on car

    LCAB install with CA on car

    So my RH CA was bad so i ordered a new CA as well as M3 bushings. RH side is done and wasn't too bad at all. However, since my bushings were bad on both sides i decided to replace them. I got the lollipop bracket off, bushing out and replaced. But I am having an issue installing it. The LH CA wasn't bad (nor did I have the fundage to replace it prematurely) so I was just going to do JUST the CA.

    Tips on getting it on with the CA still attached? I haven't tried removing it because I am afraid of damaging it and then not being able to use it...

    Any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated since I need to drive it monday...
Working...