Comfort Before Style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comfort Before Style

Okay, So unlike most of you i'm not as concerned with getting closer to the ground as I am with comfort. I'm looking to get a smooth and comfortable ride as possible without doing anything too crazy. I keep hearing Koni make very comfortable shocks but hey..

Anyways I want to know a very comfortable suspension setup that I could drive around in. I'm not concerned with extreme cornering and I will probably never take it to the track. I'm not looking to make it look like it's lifted but I do want something that gives me just a tiny bit of ground clearance.

I want the springs to be soft and high quality but nothing that makes me ground out becuase they are too soft.

Can someone recommend any suspension setups that will appease me?
    -Art

Stock IS (or H&R Sport) springs and Koni SA shocks initially set 1/2 turn from full soft.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Originally posted by jlevie View Post
      Stock IS (or H&R Sport) springs and Koni SA shocks initially set 1/2 turn from full soft.
      Good information

Here's a question

are the springs on a 325is the same on an early model and late model? I'm asking because i'm finding alot differences in other areas such as electrical.
      -Art

Comment

You can check part numbers on realoem.com, but I think all 325is sport suspension springs are the same.
        The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
        Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

vogtlands and billstein sports, comfy, low, and affordable

Comment

Do the oe springs lose their resiliancy over time?
            -Art

Comment

Install some GC coilovers and some front seats out of a crown vic! Or sit on a pillow.

To answer your question, keep the stock springs, any aftermarket stuff will be stiffer.

Comment

My spring are supposedly hr race. Came with the car
                -Art

Comment

^ and how are they to you? your definition of soft or comfy can be different from others.
                  GRIPPY'S*GARAGE

Comment

Originally posted by grippymonkey View Post
                    ^ and how are they to you? your definition of soft or comfy can be different from others.

They are harsher than I would like though other E30 owners thought it was very soft. My other car is a 2011 c300 and a 2002 e320. If it was just a bit more softer over bumps it would be perfection. I have a feeling one of my rear shocks are bad as it clicks once in a while. When I bought the car I had a blown passenger side strut after I replaced it the car smoothened out somewhat.

I'm looking for something that is still slightly firm but not jarring. Right now it's getting there. The new tires I bought helped a good deal I think right now it's just almost there.
                    -Art

Comment

I would say you should replace your shocks to see if it helps with ride quality. If not, sell those springs and get some Suspension Tech springs that are only $70.

Someone said they have good drop and are slightly softer than hr races.

Comment

Thanks man. Got link?
                        -Art

Comment

It was only five threads below yours, but owell

Comment

Arthur , I might be down for a trade. Ive got Lowtech springs. They have a bit softer rates than Your races.

Comment

Originally posted by pandaboo911 View Post
                              Install some GC coilovers and some front seats out of a crown vic! Or sit on a pillow.

Comment

Working...
                              X