are Koni's rebuildable???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

are Koni's rebuildable???

While moving my project car from one house to another I pulled my never installed Koni adjustable rear shocks out of the box and they were covered with oil. Shaft slides in and out with almost no resistance.

Does anyone know if they are rebuildable and if so what would it cost???

Yes.

Expensive.

you have the receipt or proof of purchase? they should be covered under warranty.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Look a few threads above yours.....Not cheap but you can have them custom valved to your specs.

sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

argh...receipt....never thought it would come to this....

expensive?...they were about $150 each new....if rebuilding them cost more than half I might just replace the whole lot..

Comment

The guy in that thread had Koni NA rebuild and custom valve them for like 265 shipped. $150?? tell me where, the cheapest I can find them is $165 new with free shipping from Konimarket.com. So, $330 for new standard shocks, or $265 for new custom valved....What is the car used for?
          sigpic

Comment

I bought them about 8 years ago from Ground Control as part of a complete kit (struts/shocks/springs/collars/perches). But as far as I remember, that was the breakdown of the cost.

I installed the fronts, the rears didn't get installed because at the time the crossmember was removed for mods.

The whole project got put on hold when my life got busy...

The car is, or will be, used for autocross...

Comment

If the dampers were on their side they will have equalized .
              Stand them up vertically and cycle them a few times. If they are good, the damping will come back.

The fluid could be residual oil in the adjuster/shaft cavity, from the wet assembly process, which has leaked and not the criitical oil in the body of the damper.

Feel free to call me(530-677-8600) If I can dig up your old invoice, there may be other options.

Mark
              Suspension tips here...
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/album.php?albumid=757

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by greg1333 View Post
                While moving my project car from one house to another I pulled my never installed Koni adjustable rear shocks out of the box and they were covered with oil. Shaft slides in and out with almost no resistance.

Does anyone know if they are rebuildable and if so what would it cost???
                Should have read this a little better, I didn't see you had said rears. Talk with Mark^^^ I have heard nothing but good things about these guys!
                sigpic

Comment

Mark,

Thank you for your response..

The dampers were infact stored on their side. I will try what you suggested when i get home.

Comment

Mark, PM sent.....

Comment

Working...
                    X