Coilovers that dont have to be welded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coilovers that dont have to be welded

Does anyone know of a brand that does not require welding, and has 30+ clicks for damping, basically something i can just drop in " in this imaginary world" 04/1986 325e i dont have a decent welder {I} can trust.

side note why after 20+ yrs has no one come up with better opions for eta performace upgrages than swapping in an i head or pulling the engine completely. theirs power in masses. except for if you one and eta

s>0
    e<100%
    Th:Tc
    hell idk sometimes you just have to wing it. JW

i feel your pain. that eta lifestyle bro

Comment

Jom and raceland coilovers dont require welding. Not sure if theres others.

Comment

Ground Control..........

sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

Originally posted by jwiles View Post
          Does anyone know of a brand that does not require welding, and has 30+ clicks for damping, basically something i can just drop in "
          Man i got cheated my shocks on have 22 clicks of adjustment. That must mean they are rubish.....
          As for not welding it going to be a bolt on affair.
          I think what you need to do is call the BMW engineer that made the spindle part of the shock tube.......
          sigpic"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." -Ferdinand Porsche
          The ugly car: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=209713

Comment

There's the matter of the spring perch in the way. And an 'i' head swap IS the best bang for the buck on an eta, the head is garbage.

As stated, JOMS require no welding or modification because of the weird V-shaped design on the spring.
            1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
            1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
            1974 2002tii / stock
            2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Originally posted by bmwguy325is View Post
              Man i got cheated my shocks on have 22 clicks of adjustment. That must mean they are rubish.....
              As for not welding it going to be a bolt on affair.
              I think what you need to do is call the BMW engineer that made the spindle part of the shock tube.......
              If i keep at the rate im going i will be the damn BMW engineer.

Mechanical Engineering / Automotive Engineering

Comment

Originally posted by mkcman17 View Post
                There's the matter of the spring perch in the way. And an 'i' head swap IS the best bang for the buck on an eta, the head is garbage.

As stated, JOMS require no welding or modification because of the weird V-shaped design on the spring.

JOMS? if thats the case then this buck doesnt have much bang. id rather hit a deer {knocks on wood}, but i might be able to get my hand on an I engine since my buddies dropping an ls1 in a vert for some reason and belives hes going to make 600+

Comment

Does anyone know of a brand that does not require welding, and has 30+ clicks for damping, basically something i can just drop in " in this imaginary world" 04/1986 325e i dont have a decent welder {I} can trust.

side note why after 20+ yrs has no one come up with better opions for eta performace upgrages than swapping in an i head or pulling the engine completely. theirs power in masses. except for if you one and eta

s>0
                  e<100%
                  its all money. is it really worth spending 10K on an eta to get 250hp when a s50 swap can be down under 5k.
                  Bought parts from me before? leave your feedback here

Comment

You're sure a cocky sonobitch. You happen to go to clemson?

Stop being a lazy bum, buy a cutoff wheel, take off the perch and run adjusters and 5" springs. Done.
                    1974 2002tii / stock
                    2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

s>0
                      e<100%
                      For your first question I would say..

German Engineering with Billy sports. No idea why you need 30 clicks of anything on an E30 shock. I can't even imagine you could begin to push that car so hard that you need it...

That being said, GE coilovers are basically bolt on with the exception of cutting above the weld to remove the perch. The spring rates are a great match to Billy sport inserts...

For your second question, simply put.. its an economy engine made for fuel mileage. The reason nobody has came up with better performance options is because there aren't any reasons to. With m20b25 swaps as well as other swaps being common, nobody wants to dump a ton of cash into a turd engine. That's why the "I" head swap is and always will be the best bang for the buck.

1987 Alpinweiß 325is

Like the PNW E30 Local Crew Facebook page

Comment

Agreed, my car was THE tester car for the GE stuff, we went through a lot of spring rates and heights, and with 6" spring and camber plates we found I could still get reasonably low (see sig) and still have a very live-able ride. The 4" springs are unbearable.
                        1974 2002tii / stock
                        2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Originally posted by mr.vang View Post
                          its all money. is it really worth spending 10K on an eta to get 250hp when a s50 swap can be down under 5k.
                          im leaning extremely hard in that direction. I NEED SOME SPEED IN MY LIFE!

im 21 and have been stuck in a nissain pick up since 17.

Comment

Originally posted by mkcman17 View Post
                            You're sure a cocky sonobitch. You happen to go to clemson?

Stop being a lazy bum, buy a cutoff wheel, take off the perch and run adjusters and 5" springs. Done.

yeah im headed that way either this fall or spring, Im just being honest about the shit hell ive been stuck in greenville for 4yrs

Comment

You sound like me a couple years ago. The datsun truck is still in the family though.

2.7i swap first. It'll be worth the minimal investment.
                              1974 2002tii / stock
                              2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Working...
                              X