Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Springs and dampers noob question

Alright guys, noob question here..

So I'm in the process of swapping my Springs and dampers in my 90 325i. I got all corners done except the front left. I'm struggling to get the control arm bushing disconnected from the knuckle. I gave up for tonight and am gonna have another go tomorrow. I'm wondering if it's even necessary to remove this or is the control arm allowed enough downward rotation while still attached in order to rotate the strut assembly out from under the wheel well? I just wanted to get some ideas before I try this tomorrow.

Thanks guys

leave it attached to the subframe and undo the CA balljoint on the strut assembly and the two bolts on the lollipop and there is enough movement
    89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post
      leave it attached to the subframe and undo the CA balljoint on the strut assembly and the two bolts on the lollipop and there is enough movement
      Thanks for the reply. I know I'll have enough room if I detach the CA from the strut assembly, but that's the part I'm having trouble with. I already got the other side, but driver side isn't cooperating with a hammer or a fork. I saw this picture which made me think I could leave it attached to the strut

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X