Which suspension setup is right for me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which suspension setup is right for me?

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this, so please redirect me if I'm in the wrong place, but I need some help on deciding what suspension setup is best for my situation.

I'm currently riding the stock suspension which looks like I'm riding in a hovercraft due to its height off the ground. Long story short, something needs to be done.
    Anyway, the main reason I need help here is because I have a rather steep driveway that'll scrape the underside of the front bumper if you drive into it without an angle. (9 inches off the ground)

So, my question is, what suspension can clear this nicely (at an angle, of course) while eliminating a good amount of the massive fender gap.
    Looking for something that would be practical as a daily driver but still maintain a nice look.

Current Height:

What I'd like it to look like (or lower, if possible):

Thanks
    Last edited by Azscentence; 11-11-2014, 01:14 AM.

coilovers or nuffin
    Originally posted by Vokuhila
    I laughed, and then I serioused

Comment

All those cars except for the one on Alpina's look like they're on H&R Race springs judging by the height.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Again, I suggest E30 M3 springs and Koni Sport Adjustable dampers/struts. Lowers the car a little but not enough to make me nervous, and the ride is stiff enough to be sporty but smooth enough that I get compliments almost every time I give someone a ride. Here's a shot of the car from the side:

Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Car in my sig is on tokicos. Car posted (current set up) is on HR OE Sports.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415759848.568596.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	7172159

Dan

Comment

Bag it? Then you can have any ride height you want at any time
            Originally posted by flyboyx
            how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
            Originally posted by Northern
            beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
            Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
            Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
            '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
            Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

Originally posted by HennaE30 View Post
              Bag it? Then you can have any ride height you want at any time
              Yea I was thinking about bags, not too sure about the cost though. Haven't looked into it.
              That and I don't want that to ruin the drivability, in a way. Like how it handles.
              Because I hear that some aftermarket setups can really ruin the feel of it.

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
                All those cars except for the one on Alpina's look like they're on H&R Race springs judging by the height.

I was considering H&R Super Sport springs because theyre not as firm as Race springs, but keep how low it goes.

Reasoning behind this is that I'm gonna do about 95% of my driving on paved roads with minimal obstacles other than my driveway.

Should this be my go-to or should i do regular Sport springs.

(Also considering bags as seen in post above this)

Comment

H&R race is a bit too much for DD. I like H&R sports with bilstein sports all around.

Comment

I'm comfortable with eibach sports and bilstein b6 for my daily drive.

Wheel selection would be the biggest factor for nice looking after the suspension setup :p

Cheers

Comment

I'm using H&R race and billy sport... Use as daily, comfort and feels like a gokart.. Running with 205/55/r15 for winter and 195/50/r15 semi slick for summer...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Last edited by ngampleh; 11-15-2014, 11:23 AM.
                      [ETA - E30 Adapters] 5 Lug kit with e46m3 front and e46 325/328i rear brake setup
                      ---------------------------------------------------------------
                      [ETA - E30 Adapters] - 5 Lug kit | DTM Shifter | DSSR
                      Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by E30NJ View Post
                        H&R race is a bit too much for DD. I like H&R sports with bilstein sports all around.
                        I agree.....HR race are a bit much...but!, if ur roads are good..its overall fine!....only really tough on expansion joints, bad roads...
                        I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Road in my place not that good though... Bumpy on highway, pot holes on rainy season and bad expansion joint also repair joint..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          [ETA - E30 Adapters] 5 Lug kit with e46m3 front and e46 325/328i rear brake setup
                          [ETA - E30 Adapters] - 5 Lug kit | DTM Shifter | DSSR
                          Transaction Feedback

Comment

Working...
                          X