Would BC Racing coils be good for a DD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would BC Racing coils be good for a DD?

I really like the look they give off, with both of the wheels being evenly visible (for the most part)
    And the price seems good as it comes with camber plates, custom rates/valving, adjustable shocks. etc. (roughly $1050)

Versus something like the H&R / billy combo with all the plates and bits needed.

Anyway, I'm open to all opinions and suggestions.

I'm still just a little uncertain (with the welding bit) and was looking for some thought on that.

Thanks guys.

Also here are some pictures of what they look like on an E30:

This has been covered many times (and still is at least once a month), I would suggest using the search function, you will find your questions answered. Bear in mind however, that I really feel that people overstate their actual need for coilovers when a conventual spring and shock setup would actually be a better choice.

Here's a couple freebies to show I bear no ill will.

Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

Last edited by SkiFree; 11-12-2014, 11:39 PM.
    ADAMS Autosport

Comment

For a DD, use a regular spring/shock combo. Coilovers are bouncy bouncy which you might like but for a DD, I mean...

Comment

Originally posted by E30NJ View Post
        For a DD, use a regular spring/shock combo. Coilovers are bouncy bouncy which you might like but for a DD, I mean...
        The only bouncy bouncy coilovers are the cheap ones that people insist on buying these days. A high quality and well set up set of coilovers should ride better than stock.

BC's seem acceptable visually, but they're mass manufactured and highly inconsistent.
        Byron
        Leichtbau

Comment

Working...
        X