side project (ford escape) lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

side project (ford escape) lol

Hey guys I'm trying to build a set of coilovers for an escape I got for cheap they don't make coils or a set of shocks that will support a decent drop..I have coil sleeves ? Tho the escape has McPherson type struts an I found a few cars that have the same design do u think i could get a pair of koni sports for a car an made them fit I w I would think being made for a car that's already lower the strut would already have shorter travel so it would work to my advantage. .any thoughts? Thanks guys

Have to crawl under and measure! Anything can be done with imagination but measuring tools are friends then internet to find things that fit!

How low you want to go?

Starting points I'd think...
    OD of struts (for fitting coil adjusters)
    ID of struts (for correct shock fitment)
    -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
    08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
    318iS, slow build/garage queen...
    '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
    Originally posted by roguetoaster
    Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

I fitted some coil sleeves on their now 2.5 Id springs I'd say its close to 3 in drop but on a small suv it doesn't look like much however I'm practically riding on the bumpstops...I did order some koni sport that were made for a car so when they get here will see

Comment

Working...
      X