Bilstein Sport Struts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by e30lyf View Post
    i have 1 boot & 1 plastic ring (new). OEM came from billies never installed.
    Why would he want 1 when he could have 2?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Schneider325 View Post
      I was thinking that, but they say on their site they don't deal with individuals on purchasing parts.

I'll give them a try though. I know this drum pedal company who does the same thing, however they sell small replacements parts to the public.
      I got the parts dept. number off Billy's site & IIRC it was a parts warehouse in CA. They got me all new hardware, boots & rings, and the little wrench to tighten the collars. I don't think I paid more than $20 for all of it.

All I told them was I had E30 Bil Sports & they sent me every last thing that would have come in the box if I bought them new.

It's not how you handle the good times, but the faith you keep in the bad that defines you.

Comment

Sweetness. I'll give them a call.

Comment

Originally posted by LINUS View Post
          All I told them was I had E30 Bil Sports & they sent me every last thing that would have come in the box if I bought them new.
          Including the struts? For $20? Sweet deal! What's their phone number, I'll take 10! ;)

Comment

Originally posted by LINUS View Post
            I got the parts dept. number off Billy's site & IIRC it was a parts warehouse in CA. They got me all new hardware, boots & rings, and the little wrench to tighten the collars. I don't think I paid more than $20 for all of it.

What number did you use? I called this:

AFTERMARKET & MOTORSPORTS
            HEADQUARTERS - WEST
            14102 Stowe Drive
            Poway, CA. 92064
            1-858-386-5900

They transfered me somewhere else, and I asked for the wrench. The guy said they don't sell tools.

Comment

it says on the website they do not sell to the public. I am curious as well.
              I have been to two different retailers here and they both looked at me crazy when I told them I needed the tool to tighter the collar nuts on my strut inserts.

Comment

Originally posted by eighteight325is View Post
                Not to hi-jack the post but I have a related question regarding bilsteins and boots.

On the rear shocks, since the Bilsteins are so much thinner than the OEM shocks, the protective boots are way too big. Do you guys just leave the shock piston exposed to the elements or is there some bilstein-specific rear boot that I am missing?
                I have bilstein sports and I think I'm running the stock boot on it with no problems. I might have to double check that.
                Advanded Delphin Division
                My e30s: 1987 325i/1994 318iT

Comment

For the strut tool I believe it is part number 420017. I was transferred around a few times, and ended up leaving a voicemail for someone.

Hopefully they call me back.

Comment

got a call back. 4$ and some change shipped UPS ground.

Comment

Ok, I'll try them tomorrow. Which number did you call initially?

Comment

nice, I put the white collar around the outside of the blue strut boot to hold the boot onto the strut neck tightly, I think its going to work much better this way although it was kind of a bitch to get on.

Another FYI the OEM bump stops dont work with the bilsteins.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657387

Comment

Ok, So I just got my Bilsteins Sports for christmas, and Im hearing a lot of stuff. What does and doesnt work? It looks like I only have shocks and nothing else from Bavauto. I didnt see anything else in the boxes.

So I need boots to put over the rod?
                          The OEM bump stops dont work with the bilsteins?
                          All new rubber and new rear mounts?

So if i place one more order what else is needed for the install?

Nefarous7907 how do they feel?
                          Randall Racing and Engineering
                          Acworth, Georgia, 30101
                          http://www.facebook.com/RandallRacingandEngineering

Comment

The fronts should have come with the Bilstein blue strut boots however the rears dont come with any and the stock ones work fine. My stock rear boots were only half there so I replaced both of them they were only like $6-8 each new from the dealer. FAP99.com has the upper strut bearing or $26 each and while they are listed as Sachs I got Boge mounts?

My upper strut bearings were fine but the mount itself was worn out as you could see it flexing alot when the control arm and tie rod were disconnected and you moved the strut housing. If you decide not to replace the upper mounts at least get some fresh grease in the upper bearing.

Shocks feel great, I think they ride a ton smoother than Koni Sa's and perform excellent on the track. Spec E30 class racing uses the Bilstein sports.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657387

Comment

Working...
                            X