No announcement yet.

New Suspension Installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, my ultimate goal was to have the car roadworthy before our baby was born. We're now 10 days past the due date and tomorrow we're heading to the hospital for a little "help" with having a baby. I decided I should just go ahead and put the car back together...

A little before shot...

Now, after:

I still need to work on the stance, since it's sitting a little low in the rear. I did adjust the side-to-side height after disconnecting all the sway bars and trying to settle the suspension.

It's a marked improvement over the stock suspension. The stock was in OK shape, so it's not a dramatic difference. The Koni's are still set to full soft so it rides a little firmer, but I can feel the stiffer spring rate and the bigger sways.

Sway are set to the middle on the front and full soft on the rear. I hoped that would set me up with an understeer condition which would be fine to start off with.

It corners quite flat and under full braking there is a great reduction in nose dive.

I still need to get a professional alignment since I just did it with my tape measure. It drives surprising well considering...

Now, time for :zzz: since I'm going to need it... :)

Tom
    My new blog site: http://www.tomperso.com

Comment

Looks like a nice setup you have. I am running a similar setup and have a quick question for you. How did you manage to get the top 21mm nut on the front strut tightened in the stock upper strut mount?
      I cannot get a 21mm socket down in there.

Nick

Comment

congrats on both accounts!

Comment

Not a real car update, but here's a neat addition to the family... :)

She was born on Aug 8th at 6:56pm. Both she and mom are doing great. Mom and I are sneaking in some sleep here and there.

Tom

Comment

addition!

CONGRATS......

now the real work starts!!!!!!
            I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Originally posted by BimmerTom View Post
              Not a real car update, but here's a neat addition to the family... :)

She was born on Aug 8th at 6:56pm. Both she and mom are doing great. Mom and I are sneaking in some sleep here and there.

Tom
              holy crap! my b-day is also august 8th, congratulations!
              IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Congrats! Now you get to do the sleep deprivation test! (I have two kids, 2 years and 5 months) ;) It's amazing how little sleep you can get by on.

Comment

Hehe, yeah - I slept more than this in college... LOL. 4 hour stints of sleep is pretty rough, but we're managing. All-in-all, she's a great kid and we're happy to have her around.

On the car front, I just need to get it aligned and then sign up for a few Fall Auto-X's. We'll see how it does!!

Tom

Comment

A late congrats is better than none. I'm all too familiar with the newborn life. Nothing like being a new dad. I've been one twice now and the first is now in Kindergarten. Regardless of what anyone says, every age is awesome. Enjoy....
                    Driving is the only way to go faster....

Comment

Working...
                    X