If I do a rack swap on a 90??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I do a rack swap on a 90??

So... Going to do a rack swap, even though I half assume that is has been done before.

If I had an airbag will I need to modify the steering knuckle? So it would be me just removing a rack and throwing a new one in? Will I still need spacers on the knuckle. Or just where the rack mounts.

Also I am not running PS so thats no worried. Just swap my amazing Condor delete. Makes life 100 times easier.

Also, do I re-use (I mean buy new) old e30 tie rod ends?
    20% Accurate

Morty: Well Summer maybe people that create things aren’t concerned with your delicate sensibilities you know? Maybe the species that communicate with each other through a filter of your comfort are less evolved that the ones that just communicate? Maybe your problems are your own to deal with and maybe the public giving a shit about your feelings is a one way ticket to extinction.

AKG has a kit for an airbag car. It's slightly different from a non airbag car in a way that I can't remember. You'll need the e30 tie rods.
    1989 325i S50 swapped
    2007 4Runner Sport V8

Comment

Full tie rods or just ends?
      20% Accurate

Morty: Well Summer maybe people that create things aren’t concerned with your delicate sensibilities you know? Maybe the species that communicate with each other through a filter of your comfort are less evolved that the ones that just communicate? Maybe your problems are your own to deal with and maybe the public giving a shit about your feelings is a one way ticket to extinction.

Comment

Originally posted by HerbE30 View Post
        Full tie rods or just ends?

Full

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
        1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
        Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
        Mtech 2 turbo restoration
        Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

I've never done a rack swap on an airbag car but my recollection is that you don't modify the knuckle but you have to open up the firewall a bit. Lots has been written about this.
          Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
          Alice the Time Capsule
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
          87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Yrah, I've read a lot on the swap. Many for z3 and e36 and e46. Haha. Just needed to clear things up.

Also most don't say they're using airbags most just Drexel knuckles. So I just wanted to see an airbag diy
            20% Accurate

Comment

Working...
            X