How do I decrease camber up front?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I decrease camber up front?

Hey everybody, pretty simple question (I hope). I'm running BC Racing coilovers on my car and they do have camber plates but even when I set the camber plates to the lowest setting there's still some apparent camber. Is there anything else I could do to fix this? It's not too much camber but I want it gone. Here is what it currently looks like.

You want positive camber, not negative camber.
    Negative camber is pushing the plates inwards toward the motor and positive is going outward towards the fenders.
    Take it to a alignment shop and tell them you want like -1 camber or zero but you might rub tire on fender

Comment

even at minimum negative camber settings on the plates it's going to have some negative camber due to being as low as it is, because the front suspension gains camber as it compresses or is lowered (up to a point).

if you want less camber you're going to need to raise the car or get custom upper strut mounts.
      cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by efficient View Post
        You want positive camber, not negative camber.
        Negative camber is pushing the plates inwards toward the motor and positive is going outward towards the fenders.
        Take it to a alignment shop and tell them you want like -1 camber or zero but you might rub tire on fender
        I know how which way to push the plates. They were on opposite ends when I first installed the coils and the camber was ridiculous. Now, it's on the other end and it's much better but there's still a bit of camber left.

Originally posted by kronus View Post
        even at minimum negative camber settings on the plates it's going to have some negative camber due to being as low as it is, because the front suspension gains camber as it compresses or is lowered (up to a point).

if you want less camber you're going to need to raise the car or get custom upper strut mounts.
        So I can't take it to an alignment shop and have them align it for me like Efficient said?

Comment

if the camber is maxed out they won't be able to do anything more, no.
          cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
            if the camber is maxed out they won't be able to do anything more, no.
            Ahh man. Well thanks anyways.

Comment

Working...
            X