Front camber issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front camber issues

whats up guys, New Guy here, long time bmw owner but first e30 i purchased, well first one i kept more than a day. So i bought this car as a new daily. I did basic maintenance on it, all fluids brakes ect. Found some ball joints and bushings were bad so i changed the front tie rods, the control arms, control arm bushings, sway bar end links and bushings. the alignment was fine and straight before i did the work. For some reason tho, the front passenger side camber is now negative. I know theres no real adjustment for camber, short of the offset bmw mount and camber plates. Wondering if anyone has ran into this issue before. Thanks in advance
    forgot to mention this is an original car so its got oem replacement billstiens and oem springs.

Damn. No one?!?

Comment

Nobody...
      A lot of knowledgeable people on here but they are ghosts. You can have 100 views on something and nobody says anything.

BUMP to get the guy some answers.
      Instagram: @E30_Lue
      "Maggie": 1991 BMW 318is

Comment

have you had an alignment done after the work you've done? post a pic or scan of your current alignment specs.

do you know what your previous alignment specs were?

when you say your passenger side is negative how far out is it compared to the driver side?
        sigpic

Comment

How do you know your alignment is off?

1) You were mistaken and your car was off prior to the work being done (just hidden by sloppy bushings/joints). The strut tubes can bend (or get wacked) over time which will change settings, you see it all the time on older 02's, e9's, etc.

2) You made a honest mistake sometime during your refresh. (Tie rods set right? Preloaded the endlinks? [not that that would show during a real alignment])
          ADAMS Autosport

Comment

I would learn how to do a string alignment and go from there.
            Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. -Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
            X