New Bushings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Bushings

I just got my m3 offset CABS and my IE rear subframe bushings and i'll be going to install them shortly now before i do so is there any advice anyone can give me as to the best procedure or anything i should look out for?

Also on the Front CABs it(Bentley) says to use the special bmw lubricant on the bushing to slide it in... can i use the same stuff that i used for my shifter and my tie rods or no? any help will be greatly appreciated thanks in advance
    Originally posted by ebelements
    Also, for those who don't know, negative camber is the greatest thing since sliced bread(panera). Even tire wear is for city busses and the elderly.

Originally posted by sticksdaman
    Also on the Front CABs it(Bentley) says to use the special bmw lubricant on the bushing to slide it in... can i use the same stuff that i used for my shifter and my tie rods or no? any help will be greatly appreciated thanks in advance
    most people just use laundry detergent and water of course.

Comment

thanks does it matter if i lift the car up while i do it or no?
      Also, for those who don't know, negative camber is the greatest thing since sliced bread(panera). Even tire wear is for city busses and the elderly.

Comment

Id take off the control arm itself. It was a total PITA to get my m3 CABS on.
        Back to my roots

Comment

use handsoap (like a big jug you get from costco) on the cabs.. and don't dilute it. gob it on the cab where the control arm goes in, and push it on as far as you can with your hands (twisting it back and forth). then get a socket that fits around the end of the control arm nub (I think I used a 19 or 20mm deep socket) and hammer it on with a BFH. takes about 5 minutes that way..
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

how hard is it to get the old bushings out? Also is the puller a MUST? i dont have one can i get it from autozone? i also want to install the rear subframe bushings but i looked in the bentley and it says nothing at all about rear subframe bushings only of rear trailing arm bushings what gives?

Comment

shit im having trouble getting the old CAB and lollipop off now i just sprayed wit with a bit of wd 40 and om gonn alet it sit for a while and then try again but is there any verdict as to if i need the puller or not?

Comment

bump?

Comment

Prolly easiest to pull it with a puller.

Will
                  RIP e30 (brilliantrot '91 325i) 11/17/06 Byebye: 8/21/07
                  Welcome e30 (brilliantrot '90 325is) 12/23/06
                  DaveCN = Old Man
                  My signature picture was taken by ME! Not by anyone else!

Originally posted by george graves
                  If people keep quoting me in their sig, I'm going to burn this motherfucker down.

Comment

tried that..... didnt work.. broke the damn bushing off now its at the shop ( hate doing that)

thanks for all the help... those who had something worthwile to contribute anyway

Comment

heat up the old rubber in the bushing with a propane torch. when it catches on fire, blow it out and it will slide off pretty easily. no need to burn it all the way out or anything. then have them pressed out of the CAB bracket when you have the new ones pressed in.
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

ADVANCE AUTO PARTS rents out these tools for free man....you buy them, use them and return for a full refund. is part of their loaner tool program
                        No more e30s for me.
                        88 black BMW OBDII 332is dedicated track [sold]
                        88 BMW OBDII bronzit 332is [RIP 03/08]
                        91 BMW 325i [sold]
                        86 Corolla 'Ae86' HB 20v trd [sold]
                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=pTj7Hn9v5Rs

Comment

Working...
                        X