Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grinding Noise when Turning (not a wheel bearing)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grinding Noise when Turning (not a wheel bearing)

Hi guys, I'm a noob when it comes to e30s but I've enjoyed it since i've had mine.
    Now to the issue; I hear a grinding noise when making left turns only. I searched the forums and everyone with the same issue seemed to say that it was a wheel bearing/hub so I replaced it and no change. The noise is still there; the speed doesn't really matter, just gets louder as I go faster. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks!

So it just happens when you turn?

Comment

Originally posted by Cayoncrusier93 View Post
      So it just happens when you turn?

Yeah and only when turning left. That's why I figured right front bearing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Take a look at the brake disks and check to see if there is any damage. Happened to me once. Also as a note, if you only replaced one wheel bearing there is a possibility it could be the other. The rule of thumb is that you should always replace front or back and not individually. I heard the good ole bearing whine and was convinced that it was the passenger side, but last minute figured it was the drivers side which ended up being the correct choice. Just a thought.
        I don't even own this car anymore, but I'm too lazy to change the picture.

Comment

Yeah I'm going to do the drivers side next paycheck, just didn't have the money at the time.. I'll get under it tomorrow and check things out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a long and funny story that ends with you should just replace all four. The noise doesn't always come from the opposite side.. which was my case

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

I do 'em one at a time... and yeah, sometimes I get all the way to #4...

But have you replaced your muffler bearings yet? Sometimes a broken hanger
              will let the exhaust system hit something only when you turn one way or another,
              and it can sound pretty gnarly...

t
              now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Did you check your diff?
                sigpic
                327is
                325es
                325es
                318is
                Fiesta ST
                E46 M3

Comment

Working...
                X